Advice Request Help Iranians Connecting to internet

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Pixelman

Level 4
Well-known
Jun 7, 2022
Hi from Iran
I guess you have heard about Iran protests these days, we are under high internet censorship
You could help Iranians by running Snowflake ❄️ so people can bypass censorship by Tor
Thank you✌🏼🫂
Any other advice?
Maybe some Iranian companies can help your people out?
I read that while internet is out for general public, there are still companies that require internet to operate (news, broadcast, etc) that do some sort of communication with the outside world.

So maybe this info can somehow help.
Be advised that this was just a read. I don't actually know how things in your country work, nor have I been in your situation.

amir 957

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Maybe some Iranian companies can help your people out?
I read that while internet is out for general public, there are still companies that require internet to operate (news, broadcast, etc) that do some sort of communication with the outside world.

So maybe this info can somehow help.
Be advised that this was just a read. I don't actually know how things in your country work, nor have I been in your situation.
They all work for the government ;)

Kongo

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Maybe two other options but I am not sure wether you can even achieve that with Control D.

1. Safing Privacy Network

Screenshot 2022-10-02 113719.jpg

2. Control D

Screenshot 2022-10-02 113700.jpg

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
I'm from Iran and been using Mullvad for both my PC and my phone for the past few days.
just use a free vpn for the first login and you're good.
in my experience Adguard free vpn for both Android and Desktop works you can use that to get your Mullvad working.
once connected, try not to disconnect i know some says it doesn't work, but for me it does, so here is the trick:
stay connected to Mullvad 24/7 specially before 4 PM that they start cutting off Internet.
somehow you'll stay connected if you're already connected with Mullvad, at least in my case for the past week i was connected 24/7.

Be safe!

amir 957

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
I'm from Iran and been using Mullvad for both my PC and my phone for the past few days.
just use a free vpn for the first login and you're good.
in my experience Adguard free vpn for both Android and Desktop works you can use that to get your Mullvad working.
once connected, try not to disconnect i know some says it doesn't work, but for me it does, so here is the trick:
stay connected to Mullvad 24/7 specially before 4 PM that they start cutting off Internet.
somehow you'll stay connected if you're already connected with Mullvad, at least in my case for the past week i was connected 24/7.

Be safe!
I have heard about it recently
Is it safe in terms of privacy?

Reactions: franz and oldschool

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
Is it safe in terms of privacy?
I've been tweeting hashtags about our protests and stuff for a week now
if you're worried with getting arrested for activites you do on social media, i can't help you with Instagram but on Twitter as far as i know if you remove the phone number on your account and leave no trace to where you live and who you are it's safe at least i'm not arrested yet. of course the fact that you're using Mullvad a trusted provider in terms of no logging etc.. helps.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.