Battle Help me buying my first smartphone!!!

Maximum budget (USD)
$230$ max(16000 rupees)

jackwilli

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 1, 2019
Hey guys i am going to buy my first smartphone (still love my nokia 1100). My budget is 230$ max so i decided to buy nokia 6.1 plus first but after coming to know about charging issue and hmd taking fee for change port in warranty period i thinking something else. How are samsung m and a series does they worth it. I have heard samsung phones hang a lot. Please tell me if there are any other better options in this price range. I will be using my mobile for browsing, gaming a little (necessary in college) and streaming videos, not much interested in photos and selfie cameras. Not interested in companies with cheap practices (it is MalwareTips so....). I will be using this phone for a long term 3 years or more. So i think people here have lots of options for me.
Thanks.

Note: I am from India so product should be available here.

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
A bit bias, but I love samsung phones.

The Samsung M20 would be my choice as it is currently rootable and has custom recovery and roms available for it. I can see M20 going for 3 years with custom roms to keep it up to date in case Samsung doesn't provide updates for it.

or you could consider a Poco F1 and load up LineageOS on it =D

Reactions: Nevi

joonas

Dec 19, 2013
Is the Xiaomi mi a2, Xiaomi Redmi note 7 a good smartphone or Nokia? Are these secure or is the Samsung a40 better?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.