Advice Request Help me regarding type C connector?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

EascapenMatrix

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 25, 2022
I want to buy a headphone, but it only supports type-c, I checked my laptop external specifications. It says it has (1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C™ (Data Transfer Only, 5 Gb/s signaling rate); 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A (Data Transfer Only); 1 AC smart pin; 1 HDMI 1.4b; 1 headphone/microphone combo). It has type c & a but it only supports data transfer only. Will it work with my headphone? Also, while searching I found type c female to type a male which supports audio and video( UGREEN USB C to USB 3.0 Adapter Type C 3.1 Female to USB A Male Converter for PC, Laptop and Wall Charger with USB Type A Port : Amazon.in: Computers & Accessories ). Does the adaptor work with the headphone as both type a & c support supports only data transfer as I said earlier. Or should I only stay with 3.5 mm jack headphones only.

Reactions: Stopspying and Jack

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Which headphones? What cables are included in the box?

For that USB A-to-C adapter, you’ll need to replace your existing USB cables to USB-C- to USB-C, which can be more costly.

Generally a USB-A to USB-C cable should work.

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Does your laptop have headphones port? if so then yes stay with it. dont waste your money as the headphone Type-c + Adapter.

EascapenMatrix

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 25, 2022
Which headphones? What cables are included in the box?

For that USB A-to-C adapter, you’ll need to replace your existing USB cables to USB-C- to USB-C, which can be more costly.

Generally a USB-A to USB-C cable should work.
It is an iem tbh. It have removal cables with type c adaptor.

mkoundo

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jul 21, 2017
Since the usb-c on your laptop is data only, for it to work OK, the headphones must have a DAC to convert it to audio. for example:

amazon

Untitled.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.