Solved help to Remove search so-v browser hijacker

AllanHaastrup

Thread author
Apr 20, 2016
First of all, let me thankyou for all your hard work, I've used your links from this forum many times to help my family and friends get rid of spyware and malware and also just to identify if a program is considered "bad" or "good".

Please help me take back control of my google chrome, unfortunately I've picked up some pretty hardcore browser hijacker.

Attachments

• AdwCleaner[S2].txt
    901 bytes · Views: 1
  • FRST.txt
    47.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Addition.txt
    40.6 KB · Views: 3

AllanHaastrup

Thread author
Apr 20, 2016
Forgot to say:

Activated the hidden admin account and tried removing the search engine from there, but still says "this is controlled by your administrator"

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hello,

Please download Zemana AntiMalware and save it to your Desktop.
  • Install the program and once the installation is complete it will start automatically.
  • Without changing any options, press Scan to begin.
  • After the short scan is finished, if threats are detected press Next to remove them.
Note: If restart is required to finish the cleaning process, you should click Reboot. If reboot isn't required, please restart your computer manually.
  • Open Zemana AntiMalware again.
  • Click on
    4zu6vb.jpg
    icon and double click the latest report.
  • Now click File > Save As and choose your Desktop before pressing Save.
  • The only left thing is to attach saved report in your next message.

AllanHaastrup

Thread author
Apr 20, 2016
Hello TwinHeadedEagle,

Thankyou for your super fast reply, and for your help.

I did the scan and immediately there seems to be a nice switch back to google. As you can (probably) see from the log, there was something still present that was removed.

I have now gone into the settings and removed the offending search engine and restored it to google , the real google, as standard.

Should I perform more scans/cleanings or will this do?

Attachments

• 2016.04.21-19.49.23-i0-t92-d2.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 5

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.