Troubleshoot Help with AdwCleaner

zeh0002

Thread author
Jun 19, 2014
Hey guys, first off I should say I'm not particularly well versed in this kind of thing, so this might be a silly question. I got a new laptop a couple days ago and its already pretty much riddled with a bunch of stuff I don't want. One of these is Greener Ads, so in looking for ways to get rid of this stuff I came upon the tutorial on this site. I got AdwCleaner and ran the scan, and now I'm looking at all the stuff it plans on removing and some of it looks pretty important. I'm hesitant to remove all of this stuff without checking first that I won't remove anything that could be harmful to the computer. So my question is this: should I go ahead and let AdwCleaner remove what it wants or do I need to deselect some of what it finds? If necessary I can provide the log file that lists all of the potential threats it has found. Thanks in advance!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.