Solved Help with Windows 8 8.1 startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImtheBest

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
Hi i have been seeing a problem when i shutdown my PC at night. Then in the morning i will turn it back on and Windows 8.1 says please wait Blue screen. Then a rainbow color fast appears i see then goes to start up on regular screen. But when i restart its fine then

If Anybody can help me with this or if anybody knows software that can fix startup issues please let me know

Thank u

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
o_OHave there been recent changes on your system such as newly added software or updates? It may be possible there is a compatibility problem. Back in December, when I first joined MT, I'd downloaded Bitdefender Antivirus Free, and suffered the dreaded :eek:"Blue Screen" along with unresponsive behavior twice.:oops: Bitdefender was not compatible with Windows 8.1 at the time,:rolleyes: although this problem has since been fixed. A system restore point, or refreshing to Windows 8's original factory state, are also options to consider. This eventually worked for me;) although I'd had to replace browsers & other applications that were removed as a result of the refresh.:cool:

Upvote 0

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Which was the latest software u installed to ur windows, that might be causing this problem, if ur windows was working well before any changes were made, then try a system restore that will help u. Press ESC key while booting to pause the boot and choose in the bios for recovery. then u may proceed on ur own.

Upvote 0

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
well thats what i'm trying to to tell u. if u want to know the problem remember what changes u made to ur PC before this incident, I'm sure u cannot undo the changes, but u have two-three option for saving ur pc. I had also once experienced the same problem after upgrading to 8.1. My Bluetooth was also not working with this. So i decided to roll back and keep 8 instead of Buggie 8.1.

Upvote 0

ImtheBest

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
purshupro yeah i hear ya. Its probably a stupid Windows 8 problem or something conflicting with something just got to find out what. I have two HDD in dual boot Windows 7 x64 and Windows 8.1 Pro x64. When i wake up tomorrow i will boot up in WIndows 7 see if it does that in there. And if not then its Windows 8

Upvote 0

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thank u for your ideas and thoughts. Recovery seems to far so does a reinstall or repair Cats-4_Owners-2. purshupro Not sure about...Restore if that will work. Before start reinstalling and stuff. Thank u
Like purshupro, I too had a problem with my Bluetooth driver.:oops: If only a small change took place recently, doing a restore point to a recent date, say, within 1 week, before the latest change or program install took place, might be the easiest way to check without losing many applications.;) You might also check your Windows Task Manager for applications that start up when your system turns on, some of which may use a lot of resources. Good luck, imtheBest!:)

Upvote 0

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
have you looked in your event viewer for any errors at around the same time as when you start the pc
or in the action center under maintenance click on view reliability history and look for errors there

sometimes finding errors in these 2 places can help lead you to what is the trouble

:)

James

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.