Troubleshoot help :(

danilom

Thread author
May 11, 2020
I have hired a 50 meg plan and everything is going great, in fact I was getting 54 megs and 6 megs up, and I was very happy. Since I installed an AVG free antivirus some FIVE days ago, I only get 6 megs (I tested it on several pages), but with other devices I get 40/45/50. I tried changing the ethernet cable and connecting it in another hole, but nothing, and my card is, I think, updated (it says it is a 2020 version). I don't know what else to do because all the devices arrive well, but not to my computer which is connected by cable to the router.

I uninstalled the antivirus and it's still the same, by the way. I didn't touch any settings or anything else, I even started windows in safe mode with network functions, and nothing, I get the same.

DSD27

Level 5
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
I don't' see how AVG free would cause that. You didn't install anything else or make any changes?
Did you start the free trial? (could be an issue with its firewall) Did you install AVG Secure VPN?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

danilom

Thread author
May 11, 2020
I don't' see how AVG free would cause that. You didn't install anything else or make any changes?
Did you start the free trial? (could be an issue with its firewall) Did you install AVG Secure VPN?
I installed AVG Free without any add-on. I did not install AVG Secure VPN or any other.

Hello,
I dont know if this helps, but you can at least try Netadapter repair AIO
It helped me couple of times. It will work with windows 10 too.

Sincerely,
-sepik
I'll try it. I'll see if it works.

Upvote 0

danilom

Thread author
May 11, 2020
The program doesn't work for me, I tried all the options. I honestly don't know what the problem might be.

By the way, when doing the speed test my latency is low, which is good, but equally my mega speed is not what it should be.

Upvote 0

danilom

Thread author
May 11, 2020
I FINALLY SOLVED IT!
All I had to do was disconnect the computer power supply for a few minutes. I honestly didn't think it would work, but now my computer works at 1.0 gb again.

Thank you, everyone

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.