Help!

Andrew999

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
I went to a website to watch a movie and a few minutes after that I keep on getting this popup by eset
about every 30 seconds I am running some virus scans malwarebytes,eset and zemana antimalware
upload_2015-5-22_22-35-19.png

Reactions: Kent

Enju

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
There are some safe sites out there to watch a movie from. ;):)
If it were legal I assume he would have named it, but almost every "illegal" streaming site has shady advertisements since they pay quite well for every installed piece of crapware or malware.

Reactions: frogboy

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
If it were legal I assume he would have named it, but almost every "illegal" streaming site has shady advertisements since they pay quite well for every installed piece of crapware or malware.
Almost being the key word here.

Andrew999

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
I don't have any extensions apart for linkification which changes text links into clickable links and adguard

Entreri

Level 7
Verified
May 25, 2015
Even some reputable sites can have malware and they don't know it.

I would use Firefox with Adblock, NoScript (run only the necessary script for said site), Ghostry. On top of that use Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit. Oh, use a Non-Admin/limited account.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.