- Aug 17, 2014
Mozilla plans to release Firefox 88.0 Stable and Firefox 78.10 ESR to the public on April 19, 2021. The new stable version patches security and non-security issues, and introduces new changes to the browser.
New features and improvements
Window.name isolation privacy fix
Window.name data is limited to the website that created it in Firefox 88 to "protect against cross-site privacy leaks. The property was preserved previously throughout a tab's lifetime, and that meant that it could leak information and could potentially be abused for tracking.
- FTP Support has been disabled in this release. FTP support can be enabled again in Firefox 88 and 89 by setting the preference network.ftp.enabled to TRUE using about:config. Support will be removed permanently in Firefox 90.
- Take Screenshot is no longer listed under Page Actions. Firefox users may either right-click on a page and select Take Screenshot, or use the customize menu to add a screenshot button to the toolbar.
- New grace period for camera and microphone access prompts. Firefox won't ask multiple times within 50 seconds if a request was granted to the same device, site and tab.
- Screen readers won't read content that is visually hidden on a webpage anymore.
- Localized print margins are now supported.
- Linux users get smooth pinch-zooming support on touch-devices.
Mozilla plans to release Firefox 88.0 Stable and Firefox 78.10 ESR to the public on April 19, 2021. Both versions are security updates.