Hi Folks

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandra

Thread author
Sep 20, 2012
Hello everyone, my name is sandra and having been a victim of malware attacks in the past, have decided to be a bit more pro-active and learn about them to prevent infections in the future.

Whilst I'm competent around hardware issues, it's the software problems that leave me terrified! :s

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012
Hello welcome to the forums. :welcomewave:
First place I recommend you go is the Security Configuration Wizard so we can give you suggestions of how to better protect yourself.
How did you find out about MT?

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
Hi Sandra, Sandboxie is the best tool that I have found for prevention.

Take a look at it here:

http://www.sandboxie.com/

Bo

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello and welcome sandra to malwaretips.com!
I hope you'll be an active member and you'll see this site as your home... For starter I can recommend that you read this article on how avoid malware while online... :D

D

Deleted member 178

Hello and welcome Sandra, do you work for Sisoft :p (it is a joke)

sandra

Thread author
Sep 20, 2012
Malware Maniac said:
Hello welcome to the forums. :welcomewave:
First place I recommend you go is the Security Configuration Wizard so we can give you suggestions of how to better protect yourself.
How did you find out about MT?

Hi, thanks for the advice. I've just posted my paltry security details.

I stumbled upon MT when I was researching something else - quite a happy occurrence :)

InternetChicken

Jul 16, 2012
Hi sandra
welcome to MalwareTips
there is no need to be terrified of software problems any more
MalwareTips is full of people who help , and share their experance,

sandra

Thread author
Sep 20, 2012
InternetChicken said:
Hi sandra
welcome to MalwareTips
there is no need to be terrified of software problems any more
MalwareTips is full of people who help , and share their experance,

Thanks InternetChicken, I picked up a book on malware analysis, and I'm slowly working my way through it. I have to admit, though, a heck of a lot of it is going way over my head.:)

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
I have to admit, though, a heck of a lot of it is going way over my head

It happens to the best of us. It takes some patience, persistence and redundance to get the gist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.