Hi new here - looking to learn given I have been subject to numerous attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mauler777

Thread author
Sep 21, 2017
Hi all

I’m new and around a year ago due to being subject to a ransomware attack which caused me to lose my Windows 10 install and a subsequent fresh installation on a new SSD I switched to the apple suite. Given I did not know enough about the extent of the infection the move was not the solution given my reliance on my 10 year old gmail account being my primary form of contact and reference for my digital life the issues only took me reconnecting to my home network to resurface on my new iphone. I have yet to be able to get rid of the intrusion totally and was looking for advice if possible

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Hello @Mauler777 and a big welcome to MT!
The impact of most ransomware is that only your data is encrypted and if you did not have data backups earlier, you lose your data.
If you suspect that there's still some form of infection on your system, a clean installation of your Windows 10 (from a disc image) is the answer. Otherwise, you can post here for expert help.
I encourage you to post your Security setup here so that you can get constructive feedback on how you can strengthen your system against malware.
Besides that, you can find valuable tutorials and tips pinned in this sub-forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.