HiBit Uninstaller Thread (changelogs and discussion)

sepik

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
HiBit Uninstaller 2.5.10
  • Fully uninstall programs without leftovers
  • Forced Uninstall removes any stubborn software
  • Remove multiple programs at once
  • Export the list of installed programs to HTML
  • Program quick search function
  • Uninstall windows store apps
  • Remove browsers' extensions
  • Shred sensitive files

• Fix registry problems and boost your PC performance
  • Remove junk files and unnecessary program files
  • Delete invalid shortcuts in your system
  • Find the empty folders in your hard drive
  • Easily manage programs and services that start with Windows
  • Easily manage windows system restore points
  • Easy-to-use user interface
  • Automatic update to the latest version
What's new:
HiBit Uninstaller 2.5.10 (2020-09-01)
  • Ability to continue uninstalling after rebooting the system.
  • "Installation Monitoring" tool added.
  • "Hide Microsoft Entries" option added to the "Processes Manager".
  • "Junk Files Cleaner" performance Improved.
  • Scan leftovers Improved.
  • Minor GUI improvements and bug fixes.
Download (Installer or Portable)

Mod Edit: changed title to reflect general discussion and changelog

Last edited by a moderator:

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
This was the first software I had never heard before I discovered in this forum and was added to my permanent collection. The second one was the RuckZuck updater that is now installed on all my computers as well.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
The main reason i did not use HiBit often was because this was not available:

However after testing, after rebooting it doesnt continue to uninstall either. you must launch HiBit again (unless this is an issue with portable version only)

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
However after testing, after rebooting it doesnt continue to uninstall either. you must launch HiBit again (unless this is an issue with portable version only)
But after you launch it, it offers to scan for leftovers. Considering, it is a new feature, I find it an acceptable compromise.

Attachments

• capture_09022020_160810.jpg
    capture_09022020_160810.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 586
  • capture_09022020_161119.jpg
    capture_09022020_161119.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 605

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
It's only an issue with the portable version. If you have it installed, it launches automatically at startup (with a UAC prompt).

I avoid portable software, so it's not an issue for me. But if you want the feature, email the author and he may add it.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Tested it yesterday and it didn't launch on my computer as well. It's the installed version, not portable. It resumed uninstall as soon as I ran it. Anyway, if I'm expecting uninstall to resume and it doesn't, my first step would be to run the software.

Last edited:

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I just tested the new installation monitoring. By default, you need to open HiBit, select Installation Monitoring and then drag and drop the installer onto the Installation Monitoring window. Fortunately, there is an "Add Install Monitor to Context Menu" option, in HiBit Uninstaller's tools menu. After enabling that, you can just right click on an installer and select "Install with HiBit Uninstaller." This makes it much simpler to monitor installs.

HiBit creates before and after snapshots, so that it has a record of every file and registry key created. I tested the install monitoring with Zemana AntiMalware v2. I chose Zemana as it creates a driver file which doesn't get deleted when uninstalling it normally and can't be easily deleted from Windows Explorer either. When I uninstalled Zemana, HiBit successfully deleted the driver without requiring a reboot.

Last edited:

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
How does it compare to Revo for those who have used both please?
I have revo pro and prefer Revo pro to be honest. Also yesterday I used HiBit to uninstall a game and while everything went well it somehow removed my sound card and I had to re enable after several restarts.
Safe to say because of the above I'll continue to use iobit uninstaller (older portable version) and Revo until HiBit is more mature.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.