HiBit Uninstaller Thread (changelogs and discussion)

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
I have revo pro and prefer Revo pro to be honest. Also yesterday I used HiBit to uninstall a game and while everything went well it somehow removed my sound card and I had to re enable after several restarts.
Safe to say because of the above I'll continue to use iobit uninstaller (older portable version) and Revo until HiBit is more mature.
Do you use latest Revo pro or old version 3?

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I use both. Revo deals with non-standard uninstalls better, uninstalling something from Steam, for instance. Both miss somethings but in the programs I tested I had less manual cleaning to do with Hibit. Hibit also deletes valid files more often. For instance it wanted to delete all Vivialdi music from my music folder when I uninstalled the Vivaldi browser.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Hibit also deletes valid files more often. For instance it wanted to delete all Vivialdi music from my music folder when I uninstalled the Vivaldi browser.
same happened to me with a few programs.

as i said above, ill wait until HiBit matures a bit more before even using it again. Don't get me wrong, it s a good utility but the purpose of such utility is to eliminate the need to do manual checks for left overs and definitely not to have other things not related to a specific program removed as well. Sure you can untick them but for that I might as well use Iobit or Revo.

Renz1er

Sep 4, 2020
I recently started using the HiBit Uninstaller and have to say it works really well; and the extra features it offers does come in handy, now and then.

One thing I noticed in the latest version is that in the windows store apps manager, it failed to detect one of my softwares (amd radeon settings lite) and labeled it as microsoft store instead.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Potentially it can be better than Revo. When it doesn't stray from the program it's uninstalling it leaves little to nothing to be manually deleted. But the author has to solve the cases it tries to delete things that do not belong to the program you are uninstalling such as my Vivaldi music example above...

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
I have revo pro and prefer Revo pro to be honest. Also yesterday I used HiBit to uninstall a game and while everything went well it somehow removed my sound card and I had to re enable after several restarts.
Safe to say because of the above I'll continue to use iobit uninstaller (older portable version) and Revo until HiBit is more mature.
Iobit has also done that to me before, removed all my shortcuts from one of my folders before! They can all have glitches. I don't see how it did anything to your sound card driver. That is strange!

I prefer this to Revo, as you can uninstall multiple programs one after the other and it can continue where it left off, after rebooting.
You can uninstall multiple on Hibit Uinstaller, it has a checkmark next to the installed items list.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Iobit has also done that to me before, removed all my shortcuts from one of my folders before! They can all have glitches. I don't see how it did anything to your sound card driver. That is strange!
Iobit 2.4 which is portable, doesnt have that issue.

I tested again removing in separate 3 things:

Kaspersky Internet Security - During the removal it failed. I had to untick the option Hide Original Uninstallation
During the removal process everything was fine. Upon reboot, sound driver was messed up again. Driver wasnt removed but default sound options were removed (had to select again input and output).

Path of Exile - Unticked the option to Hide Original Uninstallation
No issues.

Opera Browser - same as Kaspersky. During clean up sound settings got hampered somehow.

I then did another test: reinstalled Path of Exile and Opera Browser.

Did again 2 removals, this time Sound settings not affected.

Looks more like a hit or miss.

So I'll maintain my opinion: Iobit 2.4 and Revo Uninstaller Pro version 3 work fine for my need, no need to use HiBit until it is more mature.

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
Iobit 2.4 which is portable, doesnt have that issue.

I tested again removing in separate 3 things:

Kaspersky Internet Security - During the removal it failed. I had to untick the option Hide Original Uninstallation
During the removal process everything was fine. Upon reboot, sound driver was messed up again. Driver wasnt removed but default sound options were removed (had to select again input and output).

Path of Exile - Unticked the option to Hide Original Uninstallation
No issues.

Opera Browser - same as Kaspersky. During clean up sound settings got hampered somehow.

I then did another test: reinstalled Path of Exile and Opera Browser.

Did again 2 removals, this time Sound settings not affected.

Looks more like a hit or miss.

So I'll maintain my opinion: Iobit 2.4 and Revo Uninstaller Pro version 3 work fine for my need, no need to use HiBit until it is more mature.
:( No one else is having that problem with the sound. Is there a custom software you are using? Sorry it is doing that to you! Maybe you can contact the author, he replies to his emails.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
been using Hibit for a couple months now, no issues, but I may ditch it as I think that if I start using all the other features it has I may get myself into trouble.
Just because the extra features are there, it doesn't mean you have to use them. Aside from that, the extras such as the junk and registry cleaners are safe to you.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
But inferior is in the mind of the beholder, an uninstaller uninstalls, why does it need a registry cleaner, junk files cleaner, folder cleaner etc. Its a uninstaller not a multi cleaner, optimizer , vacuumer, car wash, shine your shoes program.
It doesn't need those features, but they are only accessible from the Tools menu, which there is no need to access just to uninstall software, so they are not cluttering the main UI. So for me, I couldn't care less if they are there are not, as they don't affect the usability of it in anyway.

Just about all the software I use has features I don't use and I'm fine with that. But each to their own.

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
But inferior is in the mind of the beholder, an uninstaller uninstalls, why does it need a registry cleaner, junk files cleaner, folder cleaner etc. Its a uninstaller not a multi cleaner, optimizer , vacuumer, car wash, shine your shoes program. Sometimes less is more.
Those extra features are safe and do a heck of a job of cleaning out unnecessary extra junk! Go head and use them! They are beckoning to you! ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.