Advice Request High Memory usage occurred in KIS 2016. Is this normal?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Awesome

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 7, 2016
High Memory usage occurred in KIS 2016 (version: 16.0.1.445 (c)) .

Is this normal?

Capture.PNG

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Is it scanning, or at boot time?

Reactions: Jack
D

DaCoZ

On my PC :

Kaspersky anti-virus(32 bits) Process (I've got Kaspersky Total security)
- Processor : 0.1 % to 0.3 %
- Memory : between 48 and 100 MB (and 149 MB if I run MBAM scan)
- HDD access : between 0 and 0.1%
- Network : 0 %

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jack

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Sometimes KIS uses high amount of CPU and RAM because it's doing a Rootkit Scan.
Rootkit Scan starts on it's own.
Since you have high Disk usage it's probably that KIS is scanning something in the background.

Morvotron

Level 7
Verified
Mar 24, 2015
Well.. define normal? Aforementioned, antivirus software usually consume a high level of RAM. Still, Kaspersky (antivirus version) never gave me any problems like it. If this problem has been there since the installation, maybe you'd need to repair the software. If not, check if there's nothing running on the background or if there is any application that may be in conflict with KIS.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Had the same exact problem on my 8.1 after a patch. Had an old installer which I was lazy to grab from my main gaming system plus playing eve and Diablo and installing kav is a lot of work. 3 hours into monitoring occasionally while multi tasking on another system I finally though to redownload and clean istall. Issues gone:). Then was just a matter of retweaking a few things as it was just doing some stress test with two game clients loading etc.

Needless to say it will return to my w10 installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.