Troubleshoot Hitman Pro 3.8.0 Build 292 Error Code: 24

HadehPuyeng

Thread author
Apr 1, 2018
Hi, can u help me?

When im trying to activate free license i got an activation error. I already disable windows firewall during installation and allow rule in my firewall for hmp. I dont know what to do next.

Hitman Pro 3.8.0 Build 292

An error occurred during the activation process (error code:24). Firewall software on your computer might be blocking the HitmanPro35.exe application. Please update your firewall rules to trust this application (full network access).

I

illumination

Hi, can u help me?

When im trying to activate free license i got an activation error. I already disable windows firewall during installation and allow rule in my firewall for hmp. I dont know what to do next.

Hitman Pro 3.8.0 Build 292

An error occurred during the activation process (error code:24). Firewall software on your computer might be blocking the HitmanPro35.exe application. Please update your firewall rules to trust this application (full network access).

Open HitmanPro and go to Settings/Proxy tab. Select No proxy and try activating again.
If you keep getting this error message, contact HMP support at: support@hitmanpro.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

zzz00m

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 10, 2017
There are time in the past that I couldn't connect to their website, and it turned out to be the DNS server that I was using.

Try Google DNS 8.8.8.8, or Cloudflare 1.1.1.1

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey
Upvote 0

thanatos8877

Jun 5, 2018
What do you do if you are forced to use OpenDNS or do not want to reconfigure your DNS settings? I did a little more digging and found that the activation is attempting to go to:
http://activate.hitmanpro.nl/activaterequest.aspx

On one specific client, I found that their router content filtering was blocking that domain. Adding it to the whitelist allowed activation.

Additionally, I found that OpenDNS categorizes this website as "Software/Technology, Business Services". If the client is enforcing OpenDNS category filters, this may also be the cause of the blocking.

I found that attempting to browse to the web address http://activate.hitmanpro.nl/activaterequest.aspx was what helped me find the issue. Try that on the problematic computer. (Note: Even when the site http://activate.hitmanpro.nl/activaterequest.aspx displays correctly, all you get is "You do not have permission to view this directory or page.")

If you can resolve the problem of getting to that web address on the problem machine, you will know more about the issue and you will not have to compromise your current security or settings.

Upvote 0

zzz00m

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 10, 2017
I don't know about the router content filtering because I was just using their free open DNS servers without any of their optional content filtering. So for me they were blocking it at the default DNS lookup level. No bueno.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.