Solved Hitman Pro won't recognize USB Flash Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric_ht

Thread author
Jul 25, 2013
I cannot get Hitman Pro Kickstart to write to the USB Flash Drive on a non-infected computer. I start Hitman Pro, click on the Kickstart icon and it displays the message to install the flash drive which I do but nothing happens. Windows recognizes it and the dialog box appears asking what I want to do with the flash drive. I close that box and still nothing. I have tried on two computers and get the same affect. It is a brand new Scandisk 32G USB drive. I can write to the USB drive fine and i even formatted it but it still will not recognize it. Is there anyway to force it to write to it?

pdh3

Jul 30, 2013
I had the same problem. Try a smaller capacity USB flash drive - I started with a modern 2GB one, but HitmanPro did not recognise it. I found an old 128MB USB drive and it worked first time (you just need a minimum of 32MB capacity).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.