Hitman Pro worth buying?

Is HitmanPro worth buying ($ 24.95/year)?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ng4ever

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
Yes, since Hitman Pro have better detection rate.

BUT, you can use Zemana AntiMalware 'even' better detection than Hitman Pro.

Wow thanks for the super fast reply! This place is impressive!

I didn't know Zemana AntiMalware had better detection. Learn something new everyday.

Is this Zemana AntiMalware free or only Zemana AntiMalware Pro?

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello @ng4ever,
HitmanPro does offer free scanning even after the 30 days trial period has ended. You will need to activate the 30 days trial only when you need to remove malware. So, I would keep HitmanPro on my computer and perform regular scans, however I don't know if you should buy the full version after the 30 days trial has passed as you could always use other tools to remove the infection itself.
Keep in mind though that when you are buying the full version of HitmanPro, apart from the obvious advantages, you are also supporting the work of its developers.

Now, if you have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro, you do NOT need to Zemana AntiMalware Pro as this product also comes with real-time protection. Here is a comparison between Zemana Pro (real-time protection from malware) and Zemana Free (only an on-demand scanner). - Zemana AntiMalware Free - Limitless Scan and Malware Removal!
134.jpg

So here is a summary:
  1. Is HitmanPro worth buying? - Yes, it's a good software (great malware detection, very good malware removal and it you will support the developers to improve this product)
  2. Should I buy HitmanPro? - It all depends on your computer knowledge. Seeing that HitmanPro full version only offers malware removal, you could just use the scanner, and use other tools to remove the infection once it has been detected.
  3. Should I buy Zemana AntiMalware Pro? - No, you do not need it. Malwarebytes Pro is a very good product that will protect your computer from malware.
  4. Should I install Zemana AntiMalware Free? - You can give it a try. It has a very good detection rate, however it does come with a higher ratio of false positive detection than HitmanPro and Malwarebytes. I also do not like the fact that the Free version will always run in the background after being installed...
@Erik Loman

Last edited:

ng4ever

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
Hello @ng4ever,
HitmanPro does offer free scanning even after the 30 days trial period has ended. You will need to activate the 30 days trial only when you need to remove malware. So, I would keep HitmanPro on my computer and perform regular scans, however I don't know if you should buy the full version after the 30 days trial has passed as you could always use other tools to remove the infection itself.
Keep in mind though that when you are buying the full version of HitmanPro, apart from the obvious advantages, you are also supporting the work of its developers.

Now, if you have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro, you do NOT need to Zemana AntiMalware Pro as this product also comes with real-time protection. Here is with what Zemana Pro (real-time protection from malware) comes over Zemana Free (only an on-demand scanner). - Zemana AntiMalware Free - Limitless Scan and Malware Removal!
View attachment 84194

So here is a summary:
  1. Is HitmanPro worth buying? - Yes, it's a good software (great malware detection, very good malware removal and it does support the developers)
  2. Should I buy HitmanPro? - It all depends on your computer knowledge. Seeing that HitmanPro full version only offers malware removal, you could just use the scanner, and use other tools to remove the infection once it has been detected.
  3. Should I buy Zemana AntiMalware Pro? - No, you do not need it. Malwarebytes Pro is a very good product that will protect your computer from malware.
  4. Should I install Zemana AntiMalware Free? - You can give it a try. It has a very good detection rate, however it does come with a higher ratio of false positive detection than HitmanPro and Malwarebytes. I also do not like the fact that the Free version will always run in the background after being installed...

Actually in advanced settings in Zemana AntiMalware Free I found a option to disable it from starting up on bootup!

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Actually in advanced settings in Zemana AntiMalware Free I found a option to disable it from starting up on bootup!
I know that that's there, however I do not like the fact that this is an opt-out feature instead of being an opt-in. I do not see the need of running an on-demand scanner in the background... Anyway, yes you can disable Zemana Free from starting with Windows, and I do recommend that you do that!

ng4ever

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
I know that that's there, however I do not like the fact that this is an opt-out thing instead of being on opt-in. I do not see the need of running an on-demand scanner in the background... Anyway, yes you can disable Zemana Free from starting with Windows, and I do recommend that you do that!

Yeah I agree. Most average joe pc users won't find that unfortunately :( No offense to them.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Totally worth for me, as it contains a licence for HMP.A, which comes in very handy as a non-noticeable (as long as it does not block something) additional shield against exploits, Ransomware... [Home - SurfRight
Plus it supports lot's of products with it's Anti-exploit, even some less known (thinking of SoftMaker Office).
Only as a on-demand scanner, I would not buy it. ZAM is a bit better in detection there.
HMP.A and HMP feel very light.

I

illumination

Malwarebytes is an old favorite of mine. That said, their detection here lately seems to be lacking. Would adding either Hitman pro or Zemana anti malware be beneficial? Indeed it would, as it would increase the odds of finding something that may be missed by Mbam. Is it worth buying a license to either, personally I say yes, as you support the developers as stated above, and with Zemana you unlock realtime with Pandora technology if you so chose to use. Depending on your knowledge, one can enable Pandora in Zemana and increase detection, and with Hitman Pro, in the advanced section the user can enable "Early Warning scanning" False positives are to be expected if you use these advanced features.

Can you just use the free version of both, yes. I like both Hitman and Zemana products, so I will not give a straight opinion of which I think is best.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Totally worth for me, as it contains a licence for HMP.A, which comes in very handy as a non-noticeable (as long as it does not block something) additional shield against exploits, Ransomware
Indeed. The fact that you can use the HitmaPro license to activate the HitmanPro Alert product really makes it very tempting to buy a license. I think SurfRight (or Sophos) should put more accent on the fact that you can use the key to activate the HitmanPro Alert software..

Last edited:
H

hjlbx

Totally worth for me, as it contains a licence for HMP.A, which comes in very handy as a non-noticeable (as long as it does not block something) additional shield against exploits, Ransomware... [Home - SurfRight
Plus it supports lot's of products with it's Anti-exploit, even some less known (thinking of SoftMaker Office).
Only as a on-demand scanner, I would not buy it. ZAM is a bit better in detection there.
HMP.A and HMP feel very light.

This policy has changed.

@markloman - developer: [URL="http://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/hitmanpro-alert-support-and-discussion-thread.324841/page-327#post-2551410"]HitmanPro.ALERT Support and Discussion Thread[/URL]

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Reactions: JB007 and Hangtooth
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.