Advice Request Hitman Pro worth it?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

ng4ever

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
Like I mean using the paid version not the nagware free part that can only scan and not remove anything.

Does it matter if you don't go to shady websites or download shady things ?

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Like I mean using the paid version not the nagware free part that can only scan and not remove anything.

Does it matter if you don't go to shady websites or download shady things ?
I would say it's worth it, even if your browsing habits are quite safe. It also removes tracking cookies and some types of adware if you care about that.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I don't think it's worth to pay for it anymore.
It's a fast scanner, used it last week and it detected some adware on my son's laptop.
Cleaned that with AdwCleaner.
Other good second opinion scanners are Norton Power Eraser (handle with care, can have false positives) and Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
I've posted this before but it merits repeating (hope I'm not being delusional). HitmanPro can and does detect many tracking cookies, which I've found absolutely useful in determining how and what to do with my browser and content-blocker configurations. (You can, however, disable scanning for cookies in HMP settings.) Edit to add: this should be also in the Free version of HMP.

For example: scorecard research tracker--with uBlock Origin, it is necessary to bump Edge back up to Strict in Settings in order to block it without piling on the blocklists in uBO.

Nowadays my focus is on the browser and how to toughen it up without compromising speed and connectivity.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.