HitmanPro.Alert Exploit Test Tool v. 1.9.2.26

Kongo

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Not sure when the last version was released and if it's outdated, but it might be useful for some testing for some of you.

Download link: http://dl.surfright.nl/hmpalert-test.exe

Unbenannt.PNG

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
I tried to run the two and three exploits but Bitdefender closed the app with a warning "it is a exploit".
Yes BD blocked a few exploits on my system as well but it also missed many of them. :oops:

Not sure when the last version was released and if it's outdated, but it might be useful for some testing for some of you.
Seems like this file was released in 2014.
1.jpg
1b.jpg

Kongo

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020

rndmblk

Level 3
Nov 18, 2020
Should a Kaspersky user be worried if almost all of these loaded the calculator without any warnings? The test tool is classified as Trusted in the KSN cloud service but I thought it would still be checked for exploit like behaviour?

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Should a Kaspersky user be worried if almost all of these loaded the calculator without any warnings? The test tool is classified as Trusted in the KSN cloud service but I thought it would still be checked for exploit like behaviour?
Well there is no confirmation that the tool did work correctly and maybe Kaspersky silently blocked the actions. I think we’ll never know.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
That testing tool never worked in Kaspersky since it is classified as Trusted, it can do any operation without any restriction in the system... You can try to move it to Low or High Restriction and check, but still probably won't work properly...

rndmblk

Level 3
Nov 18, 2020
That testing tool never worked in Kaspersky since it is classified as Trusted, it can do any operation without any restriction in the system... You can try to move it to Low or High Restriction and check, but still probably won't work properly...
Phew, thanks @harlan4096 :) Goes to show the importance of being extra sure of myself if manually assigning trust level to an unknown app

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.