Battle Hitmanpro Alert vs Malwarebytes anti-expliot?

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
hitmanpro alert all the way. malwarebytes antiexploit just has a exploit modul, thats all. hitmanpro alert has way more. antiransomware,antiexploit,keystrore encrytion and so on. if something does not work with hitmanpro alert u can make exclusions.
Says it all right here. ;)

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
I use Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit but I voted for HitmanPro.alert. MBAE is just a dedicated Anti-Exploit while HMP.a is a Swiss Army Knife, it's multi-purpose (Anti-Exploit, On-Demand Scanner, Anti-Ransomware, Anti-Keylogger, Webcam Protection, etc.).

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
I'd honestly say MBAE. HMP is a little expensive and the chance for an exploit is very slim if you keep stuff updated. An AV or other fourm of protection should be fine.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
honestly I feel like we dont need HMP.A. Yes it has a lot of features but I believe they are just average (quantity > quality?). HMP failed against ransomwares in many video reviews and I have no idea if the anti-exploit module and other stuffs are effective
It actually blocked a few games without any notification and it was a bit buggy for me. It also caused increased cpu usage and I could notice some slowdown in my system. When I switched to crystal security, I dont see it happens. smoother. Even with voodooshield free, I still feel it's lighter and and safer although with HMP you hardly have to interact. It's true that we are less likely to get exploit than traditional attacks

I think malwarebytes is enough and it's free. If you have Kaspersky Installed, it has most features like HMP.A (not all) and I believe they are more effective

Ana_Filiz

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 23, 2016
HMPA behaves very strange, if it ecounters something you are not given the chance to choose it simply closes the protected item, in my experience it closed my IE without letting me choose what to do, although it was a FP. Strange but this can be fixed in future. :) In rest, good product to choose.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well in such way, Hitman Pro is more beneficial since the modules contains hardware based to accumulate better analysis against exploits.

However MBAE are better against in depth attacks especially in buffer overflow where immediately notify to prevent.

FrankS

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Dec 22, 2015
I also voted for MBAE. You said that you need an anti-exploit and not an anti-exploit, ransomware, keylogger, safe browsing monster tool which has too much false positives - so I think MBAE is the right answer/solution for you. I saw that you are already using KIS and VoodooShield, which protects you enough so MBAE should be the right one for you with less false positives compared to HMP.Alert.

Some false positive samples of HMP.Alert: It blocks every backup-program at creating a rescue media file/disc/stick because it's protecting the master boot record. It blocks Wise Care 365 at secure deleting, because of its anti-ransomware/encryption protection. It also blocked a windows process which wanted to delete a logo-/picture file of my network media drive.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.