HitmanPro detects a Keylogger of some sort. Malwarebytes and Avast Pro detect nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmopath

Thread author
Oct 18, 2015
HitmanPro detected a Keylogger of some sort. It says that Kaspersky identified it as "not-a-virus:Monitor.MSIL.Keylogger.gi". The file is MouseKeyboardAcitivityMonitor.dll

I'm a bit suspicious that this is a false positive, however. I have both Razer Synapse (for my keyboard) and Logitech Gaming Software (for my mouse) installed on my computer, and I know that Synapse has some type of Activity Monitor included. It could also be WhatPulse.

My HitmanPro trial ran out and I can't really afford to purchase a subscription. Any suggestions? Thanks!

cosmopath

Thread author
Oct 18, 2015
Oops, forgot to upload my FRST scans. Here:

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    65.6 KB · Views: 2
  • FRST.txt
    78.5 KB · Views: 1

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
There are signs of piracy:

Task: {09E59250-2D21-4231-854D-0E6CCB479757} - System32\Tasks\AutoKMSCustom => C:\WINDOWS\AutoKMS\AutoKMS.exe [2015-04-13] ()

This topic will be closed.

Piracy Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.