Advice Request HitmanPro or HitmanPro.Alert?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014

HMP uses three 3rd-party engines: Bitdefender, Kaspersky, and Sophos.

HMP is more than just a scanner with three 3rd-party engines, though. It has other features that detect malware without relying on those three engines. At least, that's how Surfright markets HMP. :)

Creative marketing... we got that too. ;)

It irks me to no end and I don't hide it. :mad:

Reactions: XhenEd

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
Sophos buying surfright.nl was the worst thing to happen to HMP.Alert & HMP.

I really hope the development of HMP.Alert & HMP is continued but I fear the worst since the Sophos take over.

Knowing how corporations work it wouldn't surprise me to see the consumer/home user put last behind corporate clients.

giants8058

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2016
Sophos buying surfright.nl was the worst thing to happen to HMP.Alert & HMP.

I really hope the development of HMP.Alert & HMP is continued but I fear the worst since the Sophos take over.

Knowing how corporations work it wouldn't surprise me to see the consumer/home user put last behind corporate clients.

I don't think you have anything to worry about. I doubt they would buy them out to just turn around and shut it down. Not to mention HMP.alert is integrated into their enterprise Intercept X product.

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

I use Bitdefender As AV(Total Security)and Malwarebytes 3.0.6.Premium.
On Demand Scanners:Hitman Pro,Superantispyware Premium and ADWcleaner 6.0.34.
Other Security Software:EkspressVPN & VyPrVPN.;)

k3w1

Level 1
Jul 10, 2014
So if I use Sophos will it be sufficient to provide the same protection as Hitman?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@k3w1: As Sophos is already been established to provide protection in majority of threats then it can be sufficient, there's nothing wrong to use Hitman Pro since it can also provide little additional detection on some sophisticated attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.