HitManPro

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
It's a very good scanner and actively developed still. Sometimes it has issues with the cloud and hangs on an item so I have to start it over, which is a little annoying. It was not compatible with my hard drive when I was running an Insider build, causing system-wide freezing. In that case I had to post at Wilders for help (which I got in a timely way) as email support can be more than 48 hours sometimes. :unsure: I use it regularly for the right-click context menu to scan downloads and scripts. People complain that it picks up a lot of tracking cookies and calls them "threats" but seriously, you can disable cookie detection in the Settings if it bugs you. I've found that any cookies HitmanPro detects are a valuable thing actually, teaching me to adjust the browser cookie and privacy policy and AdGuard to a stricter level. Cookies can do a lot nowadays-- if HitmanPro detects even one, I'm busy cutting it off at the pass.

I would not pay full price for it, getting it for a sales price, yes. Then I find it worth having on my system. It's mainly a preference thing. Others may prefer EEK or NPE, both of which are free and really good at finding things, maybe too good in NPE's case (fp).

South Park

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2018
I've been using the free version for years as a second-opinion scanner. By default, it runs a quick scan daily and a full scan monthly. I've seen a few false-positives on new/obscure software, but overall I think it's a valuable tool.

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
I have been using Hitmanpro for years, sometimes I use the free version, sometimes the paid version. Currently I'm using the paid version on my main machine My other 2 machines, I use the free version.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I use HMP.A on this main desk PC, at times I think it may be unneeded but uses very little resources & I've not found conflicts, when licence expires I will renew - Frequent updates these days.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.