Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
"All products were configured according to each vendor’s recommendations, when such recommendations were provided."
"The web browser used in this test was Google Chrome. When testing Microsoft products Chrome was equipped with the Windows Defender Browser Protection browser extension (Windows Defender Browser Protection)."

The winning products were surely set to non-default settings.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Kaspersky and Norton finish at the top --- where they normally do. No surprise there.

Trend seems to be trending down. ESET seems to be trending up.

Windows Defender continues the progress of the once lame capability.

McAfee, Avast-Free, and Quick Heal finish toward the bottom. Yet again, no surprise there.

And Webroot gets absolutely hammered again. Unfortunately for Webroot Kool-Aid drinkers, no surprise there either. Tee up the standard excuses from Webroot, Triple-Hernia & the boys. 54%. Wow. And no, rollback would not fix everything...

This test generally confirms the body of testing results for multiple testers of products over recent years.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
As long i can see ESET finishing TOP i take it with a pinch of salt.
ESET lacks any zero day modules though signatures are robust which are not at all enough./ WD making top over TREND MICRO.
WD_ remember us we too paying for AUTHORITIES
take with a cold coffee and follow your own way > 100% charts are just for mind boggling
Instances like Wanna Cry break through are enough to hammer these testing authorities and AV companies
Im not against any AV here..but oppose those spiking charts and money based(biased) tests.

Reactions: oldschool

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
As long i can see ESET finishing TOP i take it with a pinch of salt.
ESET lacks any zero day modules though signatures are robust which are not at all enough./ WD making top over TREND MICRO.
WD_ remember us we too paying for AUTHORITIES
take with a cold coffee and follow your own way > 100% charts are just for mind boggling
Instances like Wanna Cry break through are enough to hammer these testing authorities and AV companies
Im not against any AV here..but oppose those spiking charts and money based(biased) tests.
I used to think it lacked zero-day. But based on a user over at ESET forum, it looks like it actually does.
rapid ransomware detection?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.