Poll How accurate are the public IP data bases when an ISP uses dynamic IP allocation?

Best guess of an IP geo-location service was within:

  • 1 kilometer accurate

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 kilometers accurate

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 kilometers accurate

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20 kilometers accurate

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    2

LinuxFan58

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 30, 2025
1,207
4,546
2,168
Here are my results:
1781257083200.png




Here are the links:

@Mods can you change the typo ¨geo-laction" in ¨geo-location".
 
Last edited:
Do you always want it to know where you live?? I use my iPhone for navigation but my PC's thinks I'm 70 miles away in Coventry I'm, not, which for me is great as I use a VPN always (there is the possibility that I am totally mad) :cool::cool::cool:
 
Do you always want it to know where you live?? I use my iPhone for navigation but my PC's thinks I'm 70 miles away in Coventry I'm, not, which for me is great as I use a VPN always (there is the possibility that I am totally mad) :cool::cool::cool:
No :-) but just wondering whether the geo-location inaccuracy is common for other members also (when ISP uses dynamic IP allocation). As long as your smart phone knows where you live, you are not ready for the elderly home yet, despite your state of mind ;)
 
I'm not being serious I don't really mind if 'they' (whoever they are) know where I live its just I now use a dedicated IP so I leave that on most of the time the main thing is Amazon who visit daily with goodies know where I live.

VPN off Google know my town not my exact location... :):):)
 
Nothing but a lot of people use a VPN to hide their geo location (and IP-address), but since many ISP's use dynamic (public) IP allocation, I a wondering whether this inaccuracy is common (that is why I don´t use a VPN at home)
Using my ISP-provided dynamic IP address reveals my approximate location to websites (the city, but not pinpointing the neighborhood).
 
One site I just looked on says: 'Your fingerprint is unique among 18,610 visitors in the last 30 days — sites can re-identify you across visits, even with a VPN' No wonder people are paranoid, my answer to that is i do not care !

@Zero Knowledge 'Google Maps can't find Dark Cloud Universe' so you are very safe ... :p :p :p
 
  • Like
Reactions: simmerskool
For this answer to your question you need to talk to cyber criminals about geo-location. I don't condone it but they have experience with avoiding detection and geo stuff.
I am asking you , a well known cyber citizen ;) I don´t condemne it when you have experiene with avoiding detection and geo stuff.
 
@Zero Knowledge 'Google Maps can't find Dark Cloud Universe' so you are very safe ... :p :p :p
Yeah I'm a space traveler from the planet Melmac. I'm currently some families garage. I also eat cats.




I am asking you , a well known cyber citizen ;) I don´t condemne it when you have experiene with avoiding detection and geo stuff.
It depends on what your trying do or how you are avoiding geolocation. For geolocation it's best practice to use RDP and maybe SSH to fake geolocation.

Residential proxies also work very well, people who use bots for shopping like sneaker/bourbon drops use them extensively.

To get a better picture talk look into Kodai AIO & Cybersole (there are others) and how they defeat geolocation, capacthas & antibot detection etc.

Also you need to have the right user agent which can be done with software. But look towards people who's business and freedome depend on faking geostuff.

Back in the day a darkweb email provider had special bluetooth dongles that faked location data inserted into the servers it was hosted on.... Did that save them? No.

Again ask the experts, they will be happy to tell you if your interested in buying a subscriptions/credits.

I'll add you may be able to trick Nike, Amazon or eBay with proxies etc but a nation state who has control of the worlds undersea fiber cables *cough USA* will be able to locate you no matter what measures you take. Now the interesting thing now is how popup internet satellite Starlink type services/connection effect geolocation, can you spoof it or whoknows what counter measures you can employ? But recent history says you can't jam drones just by running fiber optic cable instead of using WiFi/satellite this is what Russia and Ukraine and Hezbollah are doing to defeat drone jamming by enemies.
 
Last edited:
Residential proxies also work very well, people who use bots for shopping like sneaker/bourbon drops use them extensively.
I am locally know as barefoot Bill, so not much use for residenial proxies to buy sneakers I am afraid, but thanks for the explanation (y).
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Zero Knowledge