Advice Request How do I download all my files from OneDrive?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Hi. I have most of the files on my drive, what I don't have on my drive are the photos from the backup OneDrive made of my phone. I tried to go to the OneDrive website and select all the photos to download, but I couldn't, as there are so many and the page stops responding. Does anyone know how to download everything, including photos, from OneDrive all at once?

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Hi. I have most of the files on my drive, what I don't have on my drive are the photos from the backup OneDrive made of my phone. I tried to go to the OneDrive website and select all the photos to download, but I couldn't, as there are so many and the page stops responding. Does anyone know how to download everything, including photos, from OneDrive all at once?
I would guess as you done as most users tends to do, use their browser, right?

I just want that confirmed first, and then I can try to help and show you another way still using Onedrive.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
The best thing you can do is create a Koofr account and connect it to OneDrive and copy all your files there.

If you have massive amounts of files, just subscribe for a month and then you will have enough time to download the files after you copy them to Koofr.

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
I would guess as you done as most users tends to do, use their browser, right?

I just want that confirmed first, and then I can try to help and show you another way still using Onedrive.
Yes, indeed, I tried to download everything from the browser. But in my local OneDrive folder, the photos do not appear. Thank you very much.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
One more thing you can do if you just want to move your files from Onedrive instead of downloading them. There are plenty of services that allow you to move your files from one service to another without the need to download them.

Personally, I am not using OneDrive for its downloa speeds are not the best.

• Applause
Reactions: Guilhermesene

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Yes, indeed, I tried to download everything from the browser. But in my local OneDrive folder, the photos do not appear. Thank you very much.
Please check this guide, but with adding the business email account, you use your personal instead.

There is also a risk this will not work on your system because of incompatible issues etc, but normally it should and I would recommend you try it. The " path/location " that you should see in the second screenshot, you can always choose whatever suit/works best for yourself. Good luck and please let us know how it worked. (y)

mkoundo

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jul 21, 2017
on a desktop web browser, go to onedrive and navigate to the following folders using the menu on the top left:

1. In "My Files", if you do not have a "Pictures" folder, then go to "Photos" and on the top right click on "Show Folders from Pictures folder". Now go back to "My Files" and you should have a folder called "Pictures" which contains all your photos.

2. In "My Files" create a new folder, say "_all_files"

3. Select all your folders and files in "My Files" except "_all_files" and drag them into "_all_files"

4. Select "_all_files" and right click - > download.

all your files should get downloaded in one zip file.

tasos83

Level 1
Verified
Well-known
Dec 8, 2015
Try this: ''My files'' and check which folders (include photos) will you want to delete and then ''download''.
Screenshot_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Please check this guide, but with adding the business email account, you use your personal instead.

There is also a risk this will not work on your system because of incompatible issues etc, but normally it should and I would recommend you try it. The " path/location " that you should see in the second screenshot, you can always choose whatever suit/works best for yourself. Good luck and please let us know how it worked. (y)
It worked, thank you very much!

MT.jpg

G

Guilhermesene

Personally, I am not using OneDrive for its downloa speeds are not the best.
Yes, I agree with everything you said.

It's ridiculous what Microsoft does with Onedrive, but you wouldn't expect any less, after all, it's a cheap copy of Dropbox.

The download speeds are ridiculous and sometimes when you download multiple "compressed" files into one, some files get corrupted.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.