Advice Request How do i get rid of this Mcafee process

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arrabida Rock

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Apr 2, 2016
Some months ago, i installed Mcafee Cloud Antivirus but at the end it said that was unable to complete and would revert to uninstall...
Yesterday, i have been trying to install Mcafee Antivirus plus but i couldn't... :(
Some time later, opened task manager and saw a Mcafee process validation service... :(:(
Following images show more procedure about what i tryed to do to remove it... :(:(:(

Attachments

• Mcafee.png
    Mcafee.png
    49.6 KB · Views: 735
  • Mcafee1.png
    Mcafee1.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 657
  • Still here.png
    Still here.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 566
  • Frozen.PNG
    Frozen.PNG
    94.9 KB · Views: 599

kamla5abi

Level 4
Verified
May 15, 2017
i also uninstalled mcafee from a dell computer (preinstalled) first using add/remove programs in control panel, then the mcafee removal tool (can get it from website linked by @Winter Soldier they link to mcafee site looks like to download the tool). I don't see any more process by mcafee in task manager, but didn't search registry to see if it left behind anything..

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I already used this...
But it gets frozen ( fourth image shows where it's frozen...)
There is no error present there, is it a "Frozen" of was it a case of "impatience" ?
Try running the tool as admin and turning off sleep / hybernation so the pc stays awake
during the process, and let it sit as long as it needs. Sometimes cleaning a software like that
from the registry is very time consuming.

Arrabida Rock

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Apr 2, 2016
There is no error present there, is it a "Frozen" of was it a case of "impatience" ?
Try running the tool as admin and turning off sleep / hybernation so the pc stays awake
during the process, and let it sit as long as it needs. Sometimes cleaning a software like that
from the registry is very time consuming.

It stays there for hours with no memory/hard drive consumption!!!

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
It stays there for hours with no memory/hard drive consumption!!!
Ok, the best I can advise is to contact McAfee support, they will help you remove it in a manner that won't
tear up your system. Seeing they designed the software they are the "go to" people I would ask, but thats
just me. Good luck brother ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.