How do I remove Price Companion from my computer?

GrannySmith

Thread author
Feb 9, 2014
Hi guys! Need help with removing price companion adware from my computer. It's been on here for like a month now. Cannot seem to find it anywhere on my computer. I've downloaded antivirus programs to try and scan my computer and eliminate it but all of them so far have come up empty.

Where could this price companion thing be hiding on my computer? It is not in Mozilla firefox addons, or programs and features.

I have completed the FRST scan and aswMBR scan and have attached them. Please help me with this.

Thank you all in advance! Greatly appreciate it.

Attachments

• aswMBR.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 81
  • Addition.txt
    42.1 KB · Views: 101
  • FRST.txt
    45.4 KB · Views: 114

kuttus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
Hi and welcome to the malwaretips.com forums!

I'm Kuttus and I am going to try to assist you with your problem. Please take note of the below:
  • I will start working on your malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine!
  • The process is not instant. Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine is clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
  • If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
  • Refrain from running self fixes as this will hinder the malware removal process.
  • It may prove beneficial if you print of the following instructions or save them to notepad as I post them.
Your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use. Be assured, any links I give are safe.

Before we start:
Please be aware that removing malware is a potentially hazardous undertaking. I will take care not to knowingly suggest courses of action that might damage your computer. However it is impossible for me to foresee all interactions that may happen between the software on your computer and those we'll use to clear you of infection, and I cannot guarantee the safety of your system. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system, or to necessitate you taking your computer to a repair shop.

Because of this, I advise you to backup any personal files and folders before you start.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download attached fixlist.txt on the same location as FRST (otherwise the fix won't work)

Open FRST, and click Fix. Attach me that report after it is finished.

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    10.3 KB · Views: 100

GrannySmith

Thread author
Feb 9, 2014
Sorry it took so long for me to reply. Here are the results after the fix.

Is everything completed and did I do it correctly?

Again, thank you so much!

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    22.1 KB · Views: 102

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hi, GrannySmith

Kuttus is away, so I'll continue working with you.

Download TDSSKiller and save it to your desktop

Execute TDSSKiller.exe by doubleclicking on it.
Confirm "End user Licence Agreement" and "KSN Statement" dialog box by clicking on Accept button.
  • Press Start Scan
  • If Suspicious object is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.
  • If Malicious objects are found, select Cure.

Once complete, a log will be produced at the root drive which is typically C:\ ,for example, C:\TDSSKiller.<version_date_time>log.txt

Please post the contents of that log in your next reply.

Please download zoek.zip or zoek.rar by smeenk (
Zoek_icon.png
) from here or here and save it to your Desktop.
Unpack the archive...
  • Close any open browsers
  • Temporarily disable your AntiVirus program. (If necessary)
    If you are unsure how to do this please read this or this Instruction.
  • Double click on zoek.exe to run the tool .
    Please wait while the tool does not start...
  • Copy the text present inside the code box below and paste it into the large window in the zoek tool:

Code:
    createsrpoint; 
    StandardSearch; 
    emptyfolderscheck; 
    installer-list; 
    installedprogs; 
    uninstall-list;
  • Click on
    Run%20Script%20by%20zoek.png
    button.
    Please wait until a logreport will open (this can be after reboot)
  • Save notepad to your Desktop and attach here zoek-results.log
    Note: It will also create a log in the C:\ directory named "zoek-results.log"

GrannySmith

Thread author
Feb 9, 2014
Thanks for the reply! I've attached the TDSS killer log and zoek results.

Attachments

• TDSSKiller.3.0.0.23_18.02.2014_19.29.33_log.txt
    560.3 KB · Views: 86
  • zoek-results.txt
    118.3 KB · Views: 203

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
> Re-run zoek with this script and attach here fresh zoek log results.

Code:
gpt.ini;z 
C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy;v
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\GroupPolicy;v
emptyfolderscheck;delete
WiseConvert;ff
I Want This;ff
Undetermined;ff
apdfllckaahabafndbhieahigkjlhalf;chr
befelbmkgpjpfanaipnokieammoenpkp;chr
igfcenjaibmmemoplfmfpceimdnandpp;chr
emptyalltemp;
autoclean;

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.