How I can protect my network router from ARP spoof poisoning attack from software like netcut

ahmed 12

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 19, 2016
I am using Asus RT-86u and even assigning static IP for each device and binding it's MAC address to it's static IP didn't protect the lan devices against this kind of attack.

ahmed 12

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 19, 2016
it's very expensive solution and it will slow my network internet for online games this a link to see that netcut and similar softwares can cut the internet on other lan devices using ARP attack what I can configure on this router to prevent this kind of attack?

ahmed 12

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 19, 2016
this another software that is use same attack but it is newer that netcut it called selfishnet these softwares can block the internet on any device on the same lan network

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Hi,
Use packet filtering setting, this inspect each packet two and fro..however this is just a preventive measure.
Secondly rely on VPN ..thats the best trick.
To my knowledge CISCO routers inspect these ARP Spoofing to detect poisoned ARP packets. This uses STATIC ARP across your router (2 hosts).
We can't completely free from these like Chop-Chop attack, Fragmentation Forge attack too is there however victim online is mandate
ARP attack sends spawned (malicious) packets to the victim ip address..when the router replies it ..MAC ID of it gets associated with the attacker IP..so we can't prevent it
Try STATIC ARP Changer tool..which uses virtual ARP table on the session..
In our terminology we call it as MAN IN THE MIDDLE ATTACK over LAN

ahmed 12

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 19, 2016
that's good but how I can enable these features on my Asus router relying on VPN is expensive and it will slow the connection for online games.
I gave every device on my network a static IP and used bind MAC with IP address and still this software can block internet access on any device on the lan network.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.