How many GB's of data writes on your SSD per day?

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
I use ShadowDefender with disk writes redirected to RAM. Shadowdefender shows total disk writes. The daily (12 hours) total disk writes are about 2.5 GB including all Windows updates.
I do not use applications which index media on my disks and backup applications.

ItsReallyMe

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2017
I use ShadowDefender with disk writes redirected to RAM. Shadowdefender shows total disk writes. The daily (12 hours) total disk writes are about 2.5 GB including all Windows updates.
I do not use applications which index media on my disks and backup applications.
can you give me the link to the ShadowDefender software?

Reactions: toto_10

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
can you give me the link to the ShadowDefender software?

It is not free and in your case, it will be useless.
Did you do what was suggested before, to uninstall Microsoft Photos or to remove folders with photos from Microsoft Photos (no indexing)?

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Download Western Digital SSD Dashboard to see, how much data was written overall. HD Sentinel logs only, when it is running in the background.
CrystalDiskInfo shows me I have got 1704 GB within a month.

Attachments

• capture_09042019_104307.jpg
    capture_09042019_104307.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 462

ItsReallyMe

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2017
Download Western Digital SSD Dashboard to see, how much data was written overall. HD Sentinel logs only, when it is running in the background.
CrystalDiskInfo shows me I have got 1704 GB within a month.
on Western Digital SSD Dashboard ,it does not show data written! it only shows the health as 100%

This is mine
Annotation 2019-09-04 142323.jpg

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
The data transfer wouldn't worry me as much as the fast degradation of disk health. Here is my notebook's SSD just for comparison. ;it has been on two different computers and have seen several system wipes/restores. It's still at 100%.

2020-02-05.png

ItsReallyMe

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2017
The data transfer wouldn't worry me as much as the fast degradation of disk health. Here is my notebook's SSD just for comparison. ;it has been on two different computers and have seen several system wipes/restores. It's still at 100%.

View attachment 233293
On Crystal Disk Info it shows 100% for me but on hard disk sentinel and western digital SSD Dashboard shows its 97%
You have to see it from Hard disk sentinel or Samsung magician?
wdc.jpg

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
If you are curious and would like another opinion altogether, you can try HWINFO if you like.

HWINFO

I also have a Western Digital Black nvm-e, it's almost brand new, got it 2 and 1/2 weeks ago. If you haven't run it before, please tick the Sensors box to run that and then scroll way down until you hit the disk info. Here's mine, and yes, I'm also concerned about premature wear of the drive, although this is pretty minimal usage at the moment.

wd hwinfo.PNG

RKRN3

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Sep 6, 2019
I don't use HD Sentinel anymore, it is a bit a fearmongering soft, told my HDD will die soon, and must change it asap but it still worked years later lol.
I too think that. My 2011's PC's HDD still works even after all these years.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.