Advice Request How many MalwareTips members are using Kaspersky 2016?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Are you using Kaspersky right now?

• Yes, I'm using Kaspersky Total Security 2016

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Yes, I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security 2016

Votes: 19 19.8%
  • Yes, I'm using Kaspersky Antivirus 2016

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • I have tried Kaspersky 2016, however I'm using another security product right now

Votes: 45 46.9%
  • I have never used any Kaspersky 2016 products

Votes: 21 21.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harlequin

Level 1
Verified
Jul 22, 2016
Depending on the world regions, KL licenses are different and have activation limitations: have be activated in the original country/region where They were bought, once activated You should not have issues travelling to a different country.
Now that you've mentioned it, the package was bought in Italy but activated in Korea. It makes sense once you know about it, and as much as I try to be magnanimous about the loss of my money, it would have cost nothing for them to issue a new license (I had proof of purchase).

Whatever, there is no doubt that in terms of detection Kaspersky has been the king for many years now, and it is unfortunate that I had this problem, as even back then I thought it was one of the best AVs.

Last edited:
Reactions: shukla44

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I've never use Kaspersky but from numerous reviews it is protection wise however differ on stability wise.

I witness also those numerous hotfixes in order to lessen the issue, which likely they need to revamp program component instead.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

Harlequin

Level 1
Verified
Jul 22, 2016
I think BitDefender would beg to differ ;)
Bitdefender is also excellent, considering the number of companies that are using its engine, it is quite remarkable. Great detection is now achieved by many brands, the main issue in choosing imo, is how well an AV integrates in a particular system, namely conflicts, performance impact, and also support's reputation, price, how many devices are activated with a single license etc.

Kaspersky and Bitdefender shine for detection but in other areas they don't always pass muster according to users complaints...

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
If you want a free year of Kaspersky Internet Security 2017, go to www.frys.com and subscribe to its email. Today or tomorrow you'll get an email with a promo code, which when combined with the rebate offer at http://www.frys.com/product/8903433?site=cemail092116 gives you KIS 2017 on one device for one year for free. You'll get a download code rather than a disk. This offer ends at the end of September 22 California time.

Fry's has specials which allow you to get a free year of Kaspersky several times a year. Around Black Friday and Christmas they will have it and some other paid AVs for free via rebate. How do the AV companies make money off this? Well, of course, some people forget to mail in their rebate coupons on time. And some will become long term converts who will pay once their giveaway year is up.

OOPS. I overlooked something. On this round there are two rebates, one of which is a $20.00 "Upgrade Rebate". Step 7 says:

Enclose an installation disk/CD or page 1 of the user manual or Quick Start Guide from a previous Kaspersky product or competitor's product
Other than that, the hoops you have to jump through relate to what Fry's will send you now. I got a free Kaspersky previously from Fry's without having to do that Step 7.

Last edited:

XIII

Level 5
Verified
Sep 20, 2016
Using Kaspersky Internet Security (2017) for the first time since 2013, it is blazingly fast compared to before. It is also blazingly fast compared to some other competitors known for supposedly having "lighter" security suites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.