Advice Request How many MalwareTips members are using Kaspersky 2016?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Are you using Kaspersky right now?

• Yes, I'm using Kaspersky Total Security 2016

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Yes, I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security 2016

Votes: 19 19.8%
  • Yes, I'm using Kaspersky Antivirus 2016

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • I have tried Kaspersky 2016, however I'm using another security product right now

Votes: 45 46.9%
  • I have never used any Kaspersky 2016 products

Votes: 21 21.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

My current system Win 10 64, 6 GB RAM
Currently running KIS 2016 (firs time, its been 29 days)
Boot time - little longer (acceptable), On reaching desktop - system takes little time to settle down (acceptable), Program/system response, browsing - no noticeable slow down, seems fine.
I have tried Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 (2 months or so) - kinda same performance as KIS 2016

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
I have been using Kaspersky AV for years (KIS, PURE 1 , 2, 3 , KTS) and no problem to renew it with discount.
My 5 PC licence for KTS version cost $59.49 and this price is divided by 4 persons

Sans titre.jpg

Last edited:

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
I have used KIS for quite a long time in the past and have liked it very much. But now I have eset from a giveaway so I am using eset right now. My system is quite old and KIS was a bit heavy on boot while eset is much lighter, but KIS was much much better.

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
I have installed KIS on my parents laptop because they are clueless about computers so need something that can be installed and forgotten.

For myself, I use Windows Defender and supplement it with other softs like Voodooshield and Hitman Pro.Alert.

As someone who is tech savvy, to me third party AV is irrelevant, now WD and Smartscreen are doing a decent job at last.

Harlequin

Level 1
Verified
Jul 22, 2016
Back in 2005 I bought in Milan a boxed Kaspersky AV and Firewall, it was quite expensive then, 55 Euros, but I used to be a fanboy for Kaspersky. I moved to Seoul the same year, and to my dismay my license bought in Italy had been black listed in Korea... When I asked their forum and support to do something about it, their reply was astonishing to say the least: they told me to go back to the shop where I bought the software and ask for a refund... As you can imagine Kaspersky hasn't been an option ever since...

I have read several similar stories through the years, and it seems obvious that one of their strategies to fight piracy is to activate licenses according to geographical areas, fine for them, but not with my money...

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Depending on the world regions, KL licenses are different and have activation limitations: have be activated in the original country/region where They were bought, once activated You should not have issues travelling to a different country.

D

Deleted member 2913

My current system Win 10 64, 6 GB RAM
Currently running KIS 2016 (firs time, its been 29 days)
Boot time - little longer (acceptable), On reaching desktop - system takes little time to settle down (acceptable), Program/system response, browsing - no noticeable slow down, seems fine.
I have tried Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 (2 months or so) - kinda same performance as KIS 2016
I was wrong on the above mentioned slowdown on my system...it was due to Rollback Rx Pro.

I have replaced Rollback with AX64 V2 & no slowdown on my system with KIS 2016.

Now running KIS 2017 & same as above i.e no slowdown on my system...And I can use KIS Free Legit Way;)

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
I am using KTS 2016 MR1. And i don't plan on upgrading to 2017 until later this year when some patches or MR is released.

I have been using Kaspersky for the past 7-8 years now, very happy with this traditional AV solution. I don't consider it overpriced ($9 on ebay for KTS 1 year or any store), i don't consider it resource hog (a little slowdown caused on my system, don't really care), technical support is not that good at least in my country (never contacted, forum is all i need). But on the plus side it has all the aspects of the security suite HIPS (Application-Control), BB (System Watcher), Default Deny (Trusted Application Mode), Signature-Based, Cloud (KSN) & Dedicated Banking Protection (Safe Money). I just need a sandbox & system restorer. For this purpose i use Rollback Rx Pro & Shadow Defender.

I am considering using VoodooShield free or pro on the side with it. Been doing a little testing it works really well with KTS.

Last edited:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I was wrong on the above mentioned slowdown on my system...it was due to Rollback Rx Pro.

I have replaced Rollback with AX64 V2 & no slowdown on my system with KIS 2016.

Now running KIS 2017 & same as above i.e no slowdown on my system...And I can use KIS Free Legit Way;)
same here. KIS is also considered as free for me. It doesn't really slowdown my laptop, just noticeable while copying files (maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of full speed)
KIS has almost everything I need exept a sandbox. safe money only sandboxes browsers, not enough. besides all the similar features to other AVs, it also has application control which put unknown apps into low restricted mode -> this will decrease the infection spreading. malwares can bypass the AV but can't do too much harm to the system

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.