How many Pull ups/Chin ups can you do?

• Thread starter MalwareBlockerYT
  • Start date
M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Hi all,

As a teenager I like to go to the gym & exercise. One of my favourite exercises is the Pull Up & my 2nd favourite is the Chin Up! Then the press up, and the list goes on & on...

Now I was wondering if many of you go to the gym & if so how many Pull Ups can you do?

Personal Record:

22 consecutive Pull Ups
20 consecutive Chin Ups

I have been doing them daily for about 9 months now...

Thanks

Malware Blocker

W

Wave

Thread author
If you want to work your triceps and chest then try diamond push ups, just don't over-do it or you can damage your wrist. Start with a few every day, eventually you'll develop muscle and also endurance and will be able to do more, but don't expect to just be able to do 20-30 because they can be pretty difficult when you first start.

I also recommend doing the bench press and free weights but if I had to recommend only one of them then it would definitely be free weights. The only negative about lifting is related to your age, since it can cause height stunts (related to testosterone). Therefore, I'd wait until your at-least 16 years old before you move onto weight lifting.

If you also have a goal to get pretty good abs then you'll need to make sure your fat levels are good for your body so the abs muscles can actually be seen (e.g. 6 pack).

Other exercises are good such as the chest press, leg press, leg extensions. There are also some other pretty good body-weight orientated exercises such as v-sit, sit-ups, crunches, planking.

If you are also focused on improving your stamina: cycling, skipping and running will help.

You can test for cardiovascular endurance through testing yourself against the bleep test and you can view normative data here: Multistage Fitness Test or Bleep Test

I get free gym because I'm doing a sports course (e.g. for becoming a personal trainer. Yeah, I bet you'd thought I was doing computer science or something... Nope!). Jokes on you :D :)

Good luck with Gym though. :)

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
If you want to work your triceps and chest then try diamond push ups, just don't over-do it or you can damage your wrist. Start with a few every day, eventually you'll develop muscle and also endurance and will be able to do more, but don't expect to just be able to do 20-30 because they can be pretty difficult when you first start.

I also recommend doing the bench press and free weights but if I had to recommend only one of them then it would definitely be free weights. The only negative about lifting is related to your age, since it can cause height stunts (related to testosterone). Therefore, I'd wait until your at-least 16 years old before you move onto weight lifting.

If you also have a goal to get pretty good abs then you'll need to make sure your fat levels are good for your body so the abs muscles can actually be seen (e.g. 6 pack).

Other exercises are good such as the chest press, leg press, leg extensions. There are also some other pretty good body-weight orientated exercises such as v-sit, sit-ups, crunches, planking.

If you are also focused on improving your stamina: cycling, skipping and running will help.

You can test for cardiovascular endurance through testing yourself against the bleep test and you can view normative data here: Multistage Fitness Test or Bleep Test

I get free gym because I'm doing a sports course (e.g. for becoming a personal trainer. Yeah, I bet you'd thought I was doing computer science or something... Nope!). Jokes on you :D :)

Good luck with Gym though. :)
Thanks for all the tips ;) I have tried diamond push ups & damn are they hard...

I also do bench press occassionally as well as dumbells - bicep curls, etc. I used to do sit-ups & squats until I got bored of them - squats also made me feel dizzy...

I own a power tower in my room which is where I do most of the pull ups, chin ups, push ups, leg raises, knee raises, one armed pull ups, dips. I really need to work on my running though, my stamina is awful at the moment - 1.5 Mile run in like 15 minutes.

I really did expect you to be doing Computer Science :D That's what I'm going to be doing next year.

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
More than all of you.
do-you-even-lift-15103.gif

W

Wave

Thread author
I remember when I went to a gym lesson stoned, and it was very interesting... I was pretty creative that session! :D I recall just sitting on the leg extension seat for an hour and a half doing absolutely nothing, staring at a wall, and my sports teacher was regularly walking past and must have been wondering why I was sat there with bloodshot eyes doing nothing. LOL :p

Didn't go gym stoned since.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Pull ups 27 consecutive but my hands were grabbing the bar as far as i can reach.
Chin ups i stopped at 42 because i already have won the bet ( asked to do more that 30 ).
Track and field athlete at 100 meters and 200 meter's.
Now i go to the gym from time to time mostly from November to May just to be in a good shape;).

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Looks like I'm currently the only one here who replied that doesn't do gym. I went to gym with friends about 3 times, but it wasn't really something for me. Currently I don't spend much time to sport, but nevertheless I still have a quite good physical fitness if I would do so.
At the moment the only sport I do is cycling to school and I regularly walk in the big park next to where I live. I feel good and I don't feel the need to do more sport activities. But it has been different though in the past, I played badminton at a quite high level for about 5 years.

W

Wave

Thread author
Looks like I'm currently the only one here who replied that doesn't do gym. I went to gym with friends about 3 times, but it wasn't really something for me. Currently I don't spend much time to sport, but nevertheless I still have a quite good physical fitness if I would do so.
At the moment the only sport I do is cycling to school and I regularly walk in the big park next to where I live. I feel good and I don't feel the need to do more sport activities. But it has been different though in the past, I played badminton at a quite high level for about 5 years.
Cycling is good exercise and walking is actually really good for you too :)

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I train everyday, well 6 days a week for an hour each time, but I always leave pull ups and press ups to the end of my workout depending on the muscle group I'm training. So, if it's chest and triceps day I leave my press ups until the end of my workout to stress the muscles as much as possible so I train to failure with press ups and pull up's. As such the amount I do varies depending on my training session. One of the day's I'll pop in the gym and just do press ups and pull up's then count them. I find leaving them until the end of my workout a very effective method to really stress the muscles and improve strength and muscle mass, obviously my diet is on point to build more muscle during recovery after training.

I do a lot of weight training, but, in my opinion when someone starts training it's always best to just do cardio and bodyweight exercises for the first 6 months ish. I see too many people in the gym, built like tanks but they can't do more than 4 or 5 consecutive pull ups or press ips, or indeed any bodyweight exercises for that matter. There's British Royal Marine Commando that trains in the same gym as me and just watching him do pull ups and press ups etc makes me feel sick lol, the guy is unreal.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.