How many times have you have been infected in the last 5 years?

How many times have you have been infected in the last 5 years?

• 1-5 times

Votes: 14 14.3%
  • 6 times or more

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Never

Votes: 75 76.5%
  • Don't know

Votes: 5 5.1%

• Total voters

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
The question is simple. One can include several Antiviruses and the number of infections for each Antivirus. Please notice in the post when the infection was caused by turning off the AV protection.:)
I tried to make a Poll, but could not include the choices with different possible numbers.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I’ve only ever had a pup from clicking the wrong download link (when that was a new trick) 10+ years ago. Never had a real infection. Mostly using Microsoft Defender, but also ESET, Bitdefender, and F-Secure for short periods to try them out in the last 5 years. I’ve mostly been saved by my boring and legal use of the internet.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
0 in the last 5 years which begs the question why I change things so much. uBO tweaked hard mode probably blocks most from any sites I come across. I'm sure bouncing between products so often is doing my system more harm than good so trying to stick with simple and what works MD H_C etc.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I like this topic, and extra the poll because then people that did get infected also can say it without the risk of being shamed or ridiculed. That's been brought up by some re-searchers and professionals as a problem over the years, because it automatic create a so called " grey zone " or a lack of correct information.

If one gets their PC/Windows infected or suspect it, this forum has a great section that anyone as a registered member can seek help and advice in. I can't recommend it enough:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.