How much did you spend on security this year?

How much did you spend on security this year ?

• less than $100

Votes: 45 86.5%
  • more than $100

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • more than $200

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters

marhendray

Level 1
Nov 20, 2021
I have lifetime subscriptions for both Hotspot Shield and Bullet VPN.

Regarding clients for Linux, why would you need that when you can enter the servers manually?
I think I will try that later. I know that's possible though but that would be complicated for me, my Linux laptop is used for LaTex and Python and VPN service is mostly used for additional protection on public Wi-Fi since I use it a lot.

Reactions: Divine_Barakah

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I think I will try that later. I know that's possible though but that would be complicated for me, my Linux laptop is used for LaTex and Python and VPN service is mostly used for additional protection on public Wi-Fi since I use it a lot.
Yes, I know it is a little inconvenient, but most vendors have documentation on how to setup their service on different systems.

Hotspot Shield has a linux client, but I do not trust it privacy wise.

Reactions: marhendray

Lavamate

Level 1
Sep 2, 2022
I just spend 6,89€ for F-Secure Internet Security (looks like Safe 18.5) 3User/1Year after Shadowra's first F-Secure Review.
And i got F-Secure Total 7User/15month on top to my Office 365 Family license for just 50€/15months.
Thanks to this I don't have to worry about an AV for at least 2 years now, unless someone discovers in the period that it has gotten worse;)

windows1064

Level 1
Jan 7, 2020
Spent 4$ for Avast Ultimate Bundle license for 3 years (AvastPremium Security, Avast VPN, Avast Clean Up, Avast AntiTrack). I'm not using it. If someone want the bundle key for free can pm me.

Reactions: roger_m

TairikuOkami

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
$0 - disabled WSH, removed PowerShell 5, enabled system restrictions, blocked NRDs and almost all TLDs via DNS.

Wait a minute, I have payed $12 for identity protection insurance. Does it count? :unsure:

capture_12312022_190941.jpg

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 97327

Bought Windows7 enterprise for I think 30 euro. I combined AppLocker (allow trusted vendors by signature in user folders) and combined that with my AppGuard lifetime for atound 45 euro's. At thst time I used my MBAM lifetime (29 euro) to complement Windows Defender.

Now I am only ising Windows build-in on Windows 10 pro: MD on MAX (cloud whitelist) for all users in all folders, WDAC for all in users folders only (signature whitelist), SRP for standard users in user folders (default deny).

Reactions: dinosaur07

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
I just spend 6,89€ for F-Secure Internet Security (looks like Safe 18.5) 3User/1Year after Shadowra's first F-Secure Review.
And i got F-Secure Total 7User/15month on top to my Office 365 Family license for just 50€/15months.
Thanks to this I don't have to worry about an AV for at least 2 years now, unless someone discovers in the period that it has gotten worse;)

Very good choice :)

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Going to improve my online security this 2023

1) Use BW PM for storing websites access passwords like forums, desktop apps passwords, cloud access passwords etc. All passwords to be stored offline as a list
2) To use PM KeePassXC for Windows and KeePass DX for android (to protect my passwords with local storage below)

Critical data to go into offline local storage

a) password manager’s vaults
b) master passwords
c) key files
d) email passwords
e) online shopping account passwords
f) banking passwords
g) 2FA backup codes
h) social media passwords
i) WiFi passwords
j) credit card passwords etc.

For local storage and backup

1) Ordered 2x Aegis hardware-encrypted USB flash drives
2) To protect the USB flash drives using ESET USB DriveSecurity

To consider using VeraCrypt for Windows and EDS Lite for android to protect local storage for the above too

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.