Advice Request How remove watermarks

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Antig

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 23, 2021
Is there a free program which can efficiently remove watermarks from a video?
Alternatevely, are the likes of iTop Recorder or Avidemux ok to remove a watermark from an already watremarked video?
Thanks for any advice.
antig

Reactions: show-Zi

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
In the case of watermarks, I think it's a method of blurring and cheating by mosaic instead of deleting. If so, you can do it with free video editing software. I did that with shotcut several times. I think it may be better not to process the watermark if it covers the subject, as it will leave a feeling of strangeness.📹

Editing videos is a lot of fun. The order in which filters are applied is similar to the concept of a firewall in comodo.:)

Upvote 0

Antig

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 23, 2021
Quite interesting the HitPaw program,I think I'll give it a monthly chance to verify how the job is done then decide. The fact is at the moment I only need to remove from one video only and I dont know if or when I need it again,that's why I was looking for a free method (which I didnt find as they are either unconvincing,too difficult or worsening the video).
Thanks a lot for your advice show-Zi,will let you know.
PS- Having used a lot comodo firewall in the past I appreciate the similitude you made,although i dont find it(editing) all that funny!:)

Upvote 0

Antig

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 23, 2021
Quite interesting the HitPaw program,I think I'll give it a monthly chance to verify how the job is done then decide. The fact is at the moment I only need to remove from one video only and I dont know if or when I need it again,that's why I was looking for a free method (which I didnt find as they are either unconvincing,too difficult or worsening the video).
Thanks a lot for your advice show-Zi,will let you know.
PS- Having used a lot comodo firewall in the past I appreciate the similitude you made,although i dont find it(editing) all that funny!:)
show-Zi, after some pondering I decided that it was more convenient for me to buy the services of iTop Screen Recorder for one year than paying HitPaw for just one month. That is 19€ vs about 50€ for a year usage,or 5€ for one month. Of course I'll have to make again the video in question,but I will be able to use the program again during next year if need be.
Thanks again
antig

Upvote 0

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
show-Zi, after some pondering I decided that it was more convenient for me to buy the services of iTop Screen Recorder for one year than paying HitPaw for just one month. That is 19€ vs about 50€ for a year usage,or 5€ for one month. Of course I'll have to make again the video in question,but I will be able to use the program again during next year if need be.
Thanks again
antig
I think it's a good choice.:)
HitPaw is dedicated to clearing watermarks and is rarely used in general. You can use the iTop Screen Recorder in a variety of ways, from recording to simple editing.
Video editing is interesting. Please post it again if you have any trouble. Let's do trial and error together.(y)

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.