Advice Request How submit a sample for analysis?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Tiamati

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 8, 2016
Sup guys!

I'd like some advice about which companies still receives sample for analysis (and the website to submit them if possible). In the past i used AVIRA but i think they disabled the service. Ty

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
Dr.Web always analysed my samples in maximum 3 hours, it might be the only company that analyse every single sample you send, and they analyse it themselves, there is no automatic process for submitted samples

F-Secure used to take like 72 hours sometimes 48hours to response but they do analysis every single sample too.

Bitdefender "Home" submission page does not really work, i have never had any kind of response about the result of my submissions, but since i'm using the "Business" submission page ( which it's ok even if you're a home user ) they responding to all of my submissions in 1 hour.

Kaspersky i don't know but i think they are still having submission page in their virus desk that can found easily.

Norton and Symantec are as always too slow in responding to the submissions, in fact i only get response in 2 samples of every 10 submissions.
ESET is still taking submissions too btw, not sure how they response to it tho.

these are probably the most important companies in this industry if you want to share samples to, if i had any kind of special samples that i wanted to make sure it will get analysed manually ASAP i'd probably send it to the Dr.Web or Bitdefender.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
F-Secure already mentioned and is the main source I personal use, but if a faster reply is wanted/needed it's recommended to either call them direct or use their chat option during business hours.

Kaspersky is also someone I would recommend.

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016

Bitdefender "Home" submission page does not really work, i have never had any kind of response about the result of my submissions, but since i'm using the "Business" submission page ( which it's ok even if you're a home user ) they responding to all of my submissions in 1 hour.

Hello @Like a Western!
Do you think that an home user can use this "business" submission page ?
What is the link of this "business" submission page ?

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
Hello @Like a Western!
Do you think that an home user can use this "business" submission page ?
What is the link of this "business" submission page ?
Hello

i'm a home user and using it, it's working for me and i'm getting pretty fast responses
here is the link: https://www.bitdefender.com/business/submit/
( does not matter what product you choose in the list, it will do the job anyway )

Tiamati

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 8, 2016
Dr Web and F-Secure are the best I've tried IMO

Ty! I tested both but for some reason i cant submit the files. It seems a bug. Dr WEB loads a default "lost connection" page after sending the file. F-SECURE doenst recognize that i have attached the file. I tried with Chrome and Edge

====
For the other answers:

Ty guys! I'll bookmark all links you posted!

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Ty! I tested both but for some reason i cant submit the files. It seems a bug.
Strongly doubt it's a bug with both those companies, as for example in F-Secures case their forum would be instantly flooded.

F-Secure actually officially recommend to create an archive and also password protect that when submitting files. Personal I tend to use .rar and never had any issues submit those. I do that even on files less then 30MB.

Tiamati

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 8, 2016
Strongly doubt it's a bug with both those companies, as for example in F-Secures case their forum would be instantly flooded.

F-Secure actually officially recommend to create an archive and also password protect that when submitting files. Personal I tend to use .rar and never had any issues submit those. I do that even on files less then 30MB.

I believe in you. I'll try another PC to submit those files. Somethings tells me that it is my PC configs. Maybe something related with KIS (i've been noticing that kind of problems with other sites since i installed it)

I'll update my results later.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.