Guide | How To How to add new Search Engines to Firefox default engines box

• Thread starter Deleted member 178
  • Start date
The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Earth requested this features so i will explain how to do :

1- Download this firefox addon : https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/add-to-search-bar/

2- install it

3- go to the search engine page you want to add, right click in the "search box" of the page. in this case MalwareTips' search engine.

4- Click on "add to search bar" , name it, click "ok"

5- it is done.

6- you can see now that your new search engine was added to Firefox search engines box.

Untitled-12.jpg

It works only for real search engines.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Thanks Umbra, though I do not use Firefox. I just created one similar for Chrome. :D

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Chrome allow you to enter the search engine URL , not firefox....so you cant use it to scan with URLvoid or webutation.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Thanks for this Umbra. I normally for Firefox have Google as mine but now I can add others :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.