How to be bullet-proof?

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
As others have previously said, a layered set up goes a long way in protecting your system, but the BEST security is the object in the chair - YOU! You're the one that makes all the decisions whether to allow something or not.
If you're click happy, might as well throw it all out the window! You're basically the head bouncer on the door and all your security tools are your team, but the responsibility is YOURS.
You could be sandbagged up to the ceiling, bristling with defences and an HMG (Heavy Machine Gun) on it's bipod ready to pick off invaders attacking, but a thoughtless click can open up the door and they can just waltz in right under your nose!;)

LukeNukesEm

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Sep 14, 2016
The short answer is you can't have bullet-proof security setup. The best configuration you can get is 99.99% and from there you can start removing ( xx.xx %) depending on your computer knowledge, browsing habits and so on. Having 3-4 security products doesn't equal with better protection.

If I get an exploit for your Windows version, I load the payload and by using low level attacks I kill all your security software and you will not even notice :)
How would you get passed voodoo shield?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.