- Jan 8, 2011
There are a variety of successful open-source firewalls, like pfSense software, OPNSense, IPFire, etc. They are quite stable firewall solutions and have a handful of features, commercial-grade performance, timely updates, and great community support.
You may find more information about open-source firewalls in the Best Open-Source Firewall article written by Sunny Valley Networks.
It is achievable to build the best next-generation firewall (NGFW) for home use combining an open-source firewall, a fanless mini PC, and a packet inspection module.
In this tutorial, we'll describe how to create a next-generation firewall (NGFW) to protect a home network with a few hundred dollars.
- What are the System Requirements for Installing the Next-Generation Firewall?
- Which Firewall Is Better?
- Why Sunny Valley Prefers OPNsense?
- What are the Features that Distinguish OPNSense from Other Security Systems?
- What is the Next-Generation Firewall?
How to Build NGFW for Home
Share your input, thoughts and comments below.