Guide | How To How to check Windows Genuine or Not

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

chandrra

Jun 26, 2013
I have copied the link provided by Mr Xidus and pasted in the address bar it led to a page where I have to download another application file which will test the genuineness of my OS
thanks to him for providing the link. but the thing is, what if my OS is not a genuine one. suppose if i check the genuineness of my OS with that link. will that get blocked. if blocked how to recover from that threat.

chandrra

Jun 26, 2013
I got an Idea for Microsoft people. I hope it would be nice if Windows releases a basic version on free basis and can charge on the extra additional facilities if any requires.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Microsoft Windows is Proprietary software so I would highly doubt they'll release these for no charge.

Windows 7 has 2 limited versions; Starter and Home Basic and are sold for emerging markets, see other Main Editions.

Windows 8 comes in RT, 8, Pro and Enterprise. Although Microsoft has dropped the Starter and Home Basic editions, they're introduced support for 14 new languages with any version of Windows 8.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
No, Windows 8 is not supported by this method.

t6iwjgy.png

Freddyand5

Verified
Sep 18, 2013
I think, if your Windows is not genuine, the Desktop appears like this.. See the Pic

[attachment=5733]

Attachments

• Genuine Windows.png
    Genuine Windows.png
    7 KB · Views: 607

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.