1. Windows_Security

Windows_Security Level 13
    Content Creator Trusted

Mar 13, 2016
    Holland
    Windows 7
    Default-Deny
    Thanks very much for the link, it is an interesting article, which I added to my bookmarks. I have been searching for these types of studies, but took the obvious (wrong) road by searching for buying decisions (while I should have been searching for influence or advice during information gathering).

2. Windows_Security

Windows_Security Level 13
    Content Creator Trusted

Mar 13, 2016
    Holland
    Windows 7
    Default-Deny
    Yes, I also advice Panda (good testlab ratings, easy to use, and has option to lower app-advertising). Only after world cup soccer final of 2010 :cry: until 5-1 win in Brazil :devil: I adviced Avast

bribon77 and TerrakionSmash like this.
  3. Nevi

Nevi Level 1

Apr 7, 2016
    Engineer,bandmember.
    Copenhagen
    Windows 10
    Webroot
    I have gone back to Webroot. I cant get used to the slowdowns of other AV´s (Emsi, Kaspersky, Bitdefender). But when I look back on the around 8 years I have used WSA, it has kept my machine free of nasty malware. It seems they have dialed the engine in. I see the name more and more in "What AV to use" etc. As it is, its the best for me.

upnorth and AtlBo like this.
  4. RoboMan

RoboMan Level 17
    Content Creator

Jun 24, 2016
    USA
    Windows 10
    ESET
    What a "secure" configuration should have in my opinion:

• Real time protection
    • Behaviour Blocker - HIPS
    • Anti-executable
    • Firewall

Options can be for ordinary users:

A decent antivirus solution with built-in firewall + VoodooShield
    A decent free antivirus solution + VoodooShield + CFW (disabled HIPS so we have VoodooShield)
    A decent free antivirus solution + VoodooShield + Windows Firewall (maybe WFC)

The decent antivirus solution can vary depending on your needs and hardware. Search for the one that suits your PC the best, since antivirus do not perform the same on every system.

5. Umbra

Umbra From Emsisoft
    Developer

May 16, 2011
    Community manager
    Vietnam & France
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    Never CFW for ordinary users, even they made it simpler, it is still to complex for Average Joes.

harlan4096, RoboMan and BryanB like this.
  6. Sunshine-boy

Sunshine-boy Level 22

Apr 1, 2017
    IRAN
    Windows 10
    ESET
    This one is more useful than blindly sandbox everything! you just need to take time and read alerts:notworthy: if you don't know about services, file, reg keys or alerts(if you are like me) then google it!the answer is already there:D blocking everything not gonna help me ...if I'm gonna auto sandbox smth then why should i run it? :) the protection is in HIPS! the av or bb not gonna tell me the Yandex browser going to create a reg key!

bribon77, BryanB and RoboMan like this.
  7. RoboMan

RoboMan Level 17
    Content Creator

Jun 24, 2016
    USA
    Windows 10
    ESET
    Yes! HIPS is very usefull indeed. I just find HIPS + anti executable a bit over killing.

Good call. Last time i used CFW it didn't seem that complex, but it may be due to the fact i'm an advanced highly trained robot.

bribon77, Umbra, harlan4096 and 3 others like this.
  8. klaken

klaken Level 2

Oct 11, 2014
    Student
    Chile
    Windows 7
    Comodo
    I think that comodo cloud is easier than cfw. Personally I feel comfortable with him, in terms of his consumption and protection.

BryanB and bribon77 like this.