- Feb 26, 2021
So basically we as a whole have given up on privacy and are now just willing to take the fact that everyone knows everything about our pattern of life?
Like how would I apply cellphone masking/fingerprinting to that equation? How to block or randomize that? I use Adguard mobile but based on what I am seeing in terms of targeted content it's not enough.
Not at all. But sometimes extensions are not enough, especially without tweaking them. That information can be minimized, but not without some concessions on your part. Smart phones are smart for a reason. Convivence means you'll have to give something. If you are not willing to do that then do ALL of these things.
- Get a DNS filtering service, such as NextDNS or ControlD
- Configure it to block as many trackers as possible, including corporations and services; Windows/Samsung/Google, etc.
- Configure your devices to use the service
- Whitelist any trackers that are causing issues
- Get "Adguard for Windows", not the extension
- Repeat steps 2-4 but with AdGuard for Windows
- Force AdGuard for Windows to use DNS service, and block anything different
- Install something like NoScript/DJ NoScript to customize what connections can and cannot be made to your browser
- Be prepared for the tedious pain of steps 1-8
- Be prepared for your devices to not be as convenient as they once were
- Use no free services. If it's free you then are the product.
Is the above perfect? No. Wil in protect you from everything? No Can you ever expect perfect privacy? (No pun intended) No. But it's a start.