Advice Request How to configure my browser/PC in order to reduce browser fingerprinting and tracking?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Pixelman

Level 4
Well-known
Jun 7, 2022
Here is a list of apps and services I use that might help you in your search:

Browser: LibreWoilf running in Sandboxie+
Search engines: Gibiru, DDG, Startpage, MetaGer, SearXNG
Email providers: Protonmail, Mailfence with SimpleLogin
password manager and encryption: KeepassXC, Veracrypt, Pycocrypt, Cryptomator
Cloud storage: Cryptee, Proton drive
Encrypted calendar: Peergos
Metadata remover: Exifcleaner
File sharing: Tresorit Send
Cleaner: PrivaZer, Bleachbit

A VPN
Adguard desktop
TailsOS on my usb flash drive

Last edited:

Pixelman

Level 4
Well-known
Jun 7, 2022
I am interested in mailfence, how good is it?
So far for me it seems good. I recently opened a free account.
The interface is fast and responsive, it's minimalistic. Storage, calendar and email are switched in the same window, I find that more convenient than in Protonvpn.
As a free user you have limitations on how many emails you can send per hour or so, small storage etc.

As for privacy, it's based in Belgium, a Fourteen Eyes countrie. So make of that what you want.

I mean, at this point almost anything is better than gmail.

• Thanks
Reactions: Mystic

Mystic

Level 4
Verified
Aug 25, 2022
So far for me it seems good. I recently opened a free account.
The interface is fast and responsive, it's minimalistic. Storage, calendar and email are switched in the same window, I find that more convenient than in Protonvpn.
As a free user you have limitations on how many emails you can send per hour or so, small storage etc.

As for privacy, it's based in Belgium, a Fourteen Eyes countrie. So make of that what you want.

I mean, at this point almost anything is better than gmail.
Thanks for sharing that.
Now I am using Zoho as my default email with SimpleLogin with my own domain. I will create a free Mailfence account and see how it goes.

Reactions: Pixelman

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
@TedCruz

For improved privacy, this is the list of countries' (the latest I can find) Mandatory Data Retention Around The World and VPN-friendly countries

You can use them as guidelines when choosing your

1) VPN provider
2) email provider
3) ISP

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
For Chrome/Chromium browser

Browser/device fingerprinting reduction can be done using

DJ NoScript

DJ NoScript don't support Font Fingerprinting so need to use

Font Fingerprint Defender for spoofing

Note: - DJ NoScript don't handle hardware fingerprinting like spoofing screen resolution/CPU cores/GPU(but block WebGL fingerprint)/RAM/mouse movement etc nor OS, client hints, navigator spoofing etc

Other extensions include

Classic Cache Killer - To remove ETags
Ping Blocker - To block beacon, ping and CSP report
Chrome History Cleaner - Cleans history within 1 min (minimum setting)
IDN Safe - IDN Safe is a browser extension which blocks internationalized domain names to prevent you from visiting probable fake sites.
Keyboard Privacy - Prevents behavioral profiling by randomizing the rate at which characters reach the DOM.
Trace - Works similarly like DJ NoScript but with additional spoofing of hardware like CPU cores/GPU/RAM/screen resolution. To avoid duplicate with DJ NoScript disable those same protections either in DJ NoScript or in Trace. I'll advise spoofing hardware using Trace and leaves the rest to DJ NoScript

However, beware of using excessive extensions in Chrome/Chromium browser

You can check here

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.