Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Everything is up and running EXCEPT Windows Store. It won't connect. I tried deleting the hosts file, resetting my network adapters. Nothing works. Error code 0x80072EE7. If anyone has run into the same issue and found a solution, please share.
Also IKEv2 is broken again. Microsoft manages to break it with every build.

On the first try 10 failed to boot, I thought, that it is over, because of some driver, but upon second try it worked. 10 is always full of surprises. :)

Everyone that reports Windows upgrade problems are liars. What they say cannot be true. M$haft always gets it right... or didn't you know ? /s

On the reality side of things, based upon what is being posted across the web, this upgrade is not a stability upgrade, but instead a bork one - which falls right in line with the "Bork Tuesday" moniker.

Reactions: TairikuOkami

military

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 13, 2012
Everything is up and running EXCEPT Windows Store. It won't connect. I
Try: Windows 10 October 2018 Update common problems and fixes

Windows 10 October 2018 Update fixes to problems
When upgrading to a new version of Windows 10, there are two types of problems that you may come across. You may encounter errors that are known to be common issues during the installation process, which aren't problems with the new version. And then, there are problems that can be attributed to design bugs, issues with compatibility, and other unknown issues with the latest version.

This guide lists instructions to help you resolve these to types of problems as you trying to install and after upgrading to the Windows 10 October 2018 Update:

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
@military that might be it. I have IPv6 disabled. But there's gotta be another way than to enable that crap. lol
Windows Store works perfectly through my VPN though.... so I'm really puzzled as to WTF is going on. It's literally the only thing that doesn't work.

Last edited:

Well I don't know but I am running 1809 for almost 24 hours and have not ran into any serious issues just yet. Call me lucky? And yes I done clean install too :)

Clean install solves and prevents lots of problems, but Average Joe has no idea what it is... "How do I clean Windows before installing it ?" :X3:

Danielx64

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
Clean install solves and prevents lots of problems, but Average Joe has no idea what it is... "How do I clean Windows before installing it ?" :X3:
While true, when I upgraded to 1803, I remember that I had issues with getting my TV card to work.

Reactions: Weebarra

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I miss the old cycle, new Windows once every few years. All this madness with problems twice a year, it is just too much to take. By the time all issues are fixed, the new upgrade comes in and it just starts all over again. But it is not just about upgrades, every single update is like 50:50 chance, that something goes wrong. I do not install updates, only upgrades, still, from what I read, 10 forced more than a few people to move to linux, I am thinking about it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.