Troubleshoot How to install and run Turbo C on Windows 8.1?

Ved

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 19, 2014
hello friends,
I want to install and run Turbo C on windows 8.1.

I found this link http://blog.windows8downloads.com/2013/02/how-to-install-and-start-turbo-c-on-windows-8-x32-x64/ which demonstrated to do so using DOSBox.

But i am stuck at step 10, because the setup file downloaded (by link given at step 2) does not contain any file named "TC.exe". (that i guess because the setup files are for Turbo C++), but i need Turbo C.

Where can i get Turbo C Setup ? am i doing something wrong?

Any help on this?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I followed the steps in the guide and worked accordingly. Afaik, TC is a folder directory not an executable.

Upvote 0

Ved

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 19, 2014
I followed the steps in the guide and worked accordingly. Afaik, TC is a folder directory not an executable.

Yeah you Are right, TC is a directory (not a executable) .

but when i enter source path (by typing D:\TC) at step 10, it gives a error as "path not found". do i need to manually mount a D:\ Drive using any emulator.

and one more thing, there is no TC directory in the files inside turboc.zip.

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Did you extract the .zip, but it sounds like TC is a virtual directory on the mount D.

Once you hit Enter twice on Step 7
Step 8, Type D then Enter
Step 9, Type \ then Enter
Step 10, D:\TC should appear like so. Arrow key down twice, and Select "Start Installation".
upload_2014-5-14_14-10-45.png

Reactions: Ved
Upvote 0

Ved

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 19, 2014
Did you extract the .zip, but it sounds like TC is a virtual directory on the mount D.

Once you hit Enter twice on Step 7
Step 8, Type D then Enter
Step 9, Type \ then Enter
Step 10, D:\TC should appear like so. Arrow key down twice, and Select "Start Installation".
View attachment 11180

Thank you @Huracan : at step 9, instead of pressing Enter key, i was providing the path there.

These days, i believe we are not desperately all alone.Help is there, you just have to ask for it. :)

Upvote 0

Ved

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 19, 2014
ok, i got it running.

but my cursor is stuck on the window of Turbo C compiler window and when i quit out of it (ALT+X), then cursor got stuck again at DOSbox command prompt.
I can't get to click on desktop unless i exit out of these two applications.

Upvote 0

myominhtke

Dec 24, 2014
how can i run my program
i cannot use shortcut keys like that ctrl + f 9,but i can compile it by using mouse,how can i solve that problem
my windows is 8.1 pls help me :)

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.