Advice Request How to re-enable Kaspersky extension?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
When KIS 2017 was installed, it automatically installed it's extension in Google Chrome. But now it got uninstalled, so how do I re-install it?

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
My honest opinion is that you do not need Kaspersky browser extension. Other extensions like Adguard do the job better (block tracking and ads) and you have Kaspersky web detection still running in the background. Anyway I'm not the right person to help you if you really want to get back the extension in that situation.

W

Wave

Try searching the Google Chrome store or the Kaspersky interface for a way to get it, if not then check the installation path and let me know if you can find the *.crx extension file (if you can then you can manually install it ;) ). if not then try reinstalling kaspersky and that should do the trick

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Some of the features of Kaspersky need "Kaspersky Protection" installed to work properly...

Reactions: Berny and Jack

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Without KP and the injected script some modules/features can be affected: Safe Money, Private Browsing, Secure Data Input, URL Advisor, Anti-Banner, Parental Control...

Reactions: shukla44 and Berny
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.