Question How to reach strong level in chrome/edge/vivaldi and firefox/librewolf like in Brave?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Alexai

Level 3
Thread author
Aug 12, 2023
Hello guys,
I take a shot from this Browsers - DivestOS Mobile
Yes, it's about mobile browser,
but i think categories are the same

What I have to tweak in chromium browser and in firefox browser to reach the privacy-security level of brave?
flags?
options-to-launch?
policies?
extensions? (ublock origin/adguard + something else?)

Attachments

• Immagine 2023-08-30 135237.jpg
    Immagine 2023-08-30 135237.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: Jack

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
To achieve a similar privacy and security level as Brave in Chromium-based browsers like Chrome, Edge, Vivaldi, and Firefox-based browsers like Firefox and Librewolf, you can consider the following tweaks:

1. Install privacy-focused extensions: Start by installing privacy-focused extensions like uBlock Origin or AdGuard to block ads and trackers. Additional extensions like HTTPS Everywhere and Privacy Badger can also enhance privacy protection.

2. Adjust browser settings: In Chromium-based browsers, you can access advanced settings by typing "chrome://flags" in the address bar. Look for options related to privacy, security, and tracking, such as enabling "Enhanced Tracking Protection" in Firefox or "Strict site isolation" in Chromium.

3. Manage cookies and tracking: Configure your browser to block third-party cookies and disable unnecessary permissions. You can also consider using separate profiles or containers to isolate different activities, such as work and personal browsing.

4. Stay updated: Keep your browser and extensions up to date to ensure you have the latest security patches and features.

Remember that while these tweaks can improve privacy and security, adopting additional measures like using a reputable VPN, practicing good browsing habits, and being cautious about the websites you visit will further enhance your online safety.

Reactions: Jack and Alexai

Alexai

Level 3
Thread author
Aug 12, 2023
2. Adjust browser settings: In Chromium-based browsers, you can access advanced settings by typing "chrome://flags" in the address bar. Look for options related to privacy, security, and tracking, such as enabling "Enhanced Tracking Protection" in Firefox or "Strict site isolation" in Chromium.

3. Manage cookies and tracking: Configure your browser to block third-party cookies and disable unnecessary permissions. You can also consider using separate profiles or containers to isolate different activities, such as work and personal browsing.
3. Are containers and profiles the same? In chromium-based there are no cointainers if I'm not wrong

2. I need to know more

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
3. Are containers and profiles the same? In chromium-based there are no cointainers if I'm not wrong

2. I need to know more
3. No, containers and profiles are not the same.

In Firefox, you can use the Multi-Account Containers extension, which allows you to create separate containers for different activities or websites. Each container has its own set of cookies, history, and browsing data, providing a level of isolation between them.

In Chromium-based browsers like Chrome, Edge, and Vivaldi, containers are not built-in. However, you can achieve a similar functionality by using different user profiles. Each profile will have its own set of bookmarks, extensions, and browsing data, providing a level of separation between them. To create a new profile in Chromium-based browsers, you can use the command-line option `--profile-directory="ProfileName"` or launch the browser with the `--user-data-dir="Path"` option.

Regarding the second point, please specify what specific information you would like to know, and I'll be happy to provide more details.

Alexai

Level 3
Thread author
Aug 12, 2023
I've already enable strict enhanced tracking protection on firefox-like.

Attachments

• Immagine 2023-08-30 135237.jpg
    Immagine 2023-08-30 135237.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 74

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
I've already enable strict enhanced tracking protection on firefox-like.
If you have already enabled strict enhanced tracking protection in your Firefox-like browser, that is a good step towards improving your privacy and security. Here are a few more settings and configurations you can consider:

1. Disable telemetry: Some browsers collect data about your usage for analytics and other purposes. You can disable telemetry by accessing browser settings or advanced options, depending on the specific browser.

2. Configure privacy-related options: Explore the privacy settings of your browser and adjust them according to your preferences. This may include options for managing cookies, blocking third-party tracking, and clearing browsing data.

3. Use HTTPS: Ensure that you are using secure connections by default. In most modern browsers, you can enable the option to "Always use HTTPS" or "Secure connections only."

4. Regularly update your browser and extensions: Keep your browser and extensions up to date to benefit from security patches and new privacy features.

Remember, while these settings and configurations can enhance your privacy and security, it is also important to use your browser responsibly and be cautious about the websites you visit and the information you share online.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.