Troubleshoot How to remove Anysearch from homepage

Infected operating system
MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6
Infected device issues
I followed the instructions given by you w.r.t removing anysearch and downloaded Malwarebytes as well. Now, the search I make on Google is not being redirected to Yahoo but I am facing difficulty in changing the homepage of my safari. I am not able to change options for homepage in Safari >Preferences > General. By default, the homepage has been set to ikysearch. Please help. Thanks in advance.
Browsers affected by infection
  1. Safari
  2. Chrome
Browser Settings: Homepage and Default Search Engine
Homepage: Ikysearch
Default Search Engine: Safari
Browser extensions
No extensions

Palak Rathi

Thread author
Apr 10, 2020
I followed the instructions given by you w.r.t removing anysearch and downloaded Malwarebytes as well. Now, the search I make on Google is not being redirected to Yahoo but I am facing difficulty in changing the homepage of my safari. I am not able to change options for homepage in Safari >Preferences > General. By default, the homepage has been set to ikysearch. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_4239.JPG
    IMG_4239.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 448

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello @Palak Rathi,

Let's fix this:

In some cases, after being changed by adware or malware, Safari’s home page can become stuck (greyed out). You will be able to edit the Homepage field in Safari’s preferences, but the change will not stick. This appears to be a bug, and there is an odd workaround. Try this:

1. In Safari, choose Preferences from the Safari menu.
  2. In the window that opens, click the General icon (if necessary)
  3. Enter your desired home page in the “Homepage” field, but DO NOT press return!
  4. At the top of the window, click any of the other icons (eg, Tabs, AutoFill, etc).
  5. You may see a prompt asking for confirmation for changing the home page. If so, confirm.
  6. Switch back to the General page and check to make sure the home page has been changed.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.