How to Remove Fake Antivirus Software

B

Brian

Thread author
Hi guys,

I wrote a new guide: http://www.selectrealsecurity.com/remove-fake-antivirus

Fake antivirus software, also known as rogueware, is malicious software designed to mislead computer users into paying money for an antivirus program that is not real. It displays fake virus warnings and says you need to buy the software to fix the problem. When a computer is infected with fake antivirus software, you will frequently see fake warning messages similar to the ones below:

I would appreciate any feedback. :)

Brian

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Look's great, but only thing that I can suggest is that you could add some where in it to use Malwarebytes and or Hitman Pro, apart from that looking good. :)

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Yes, looks very good.

But why forgot these MBAM, RogueKiller, DDS, UVK, PowerTool, XueTr .. ProcNetMonitor .. aswMBR.exe, MBRscan.exe .. why?..

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
http://www.selectrealsecurity.com/malware-removal-guide#removal

MBAM and Hitman Pro were included on on that part for the removal of Fake AV.

ranget

Dec 8, 2011
i don't think that Tdss killer is sufficent Rootkit scanner alone
i think you should add another Rootkit scanner

ranget

Dec 8, 2011
sorry it's been a ver very Late answer

but to answer Late better than not to answer at all

you need to add a rootkit scanner that not that complicated for the normal user to use obviously
but i see one thing that Gmer is the most used ARK on all of the support forum
which mean it's the easiest to use by noobs

so Gmer it is

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.